Chapter 13: What Just Happened to Everyone?

The house is really quiet without mom in it.  I miss her.  Remembering that it's a Sunday today, I changed to my church clothes, a puffy dress that flows until the knees and the sleeves were even cute and flowy.  I knocked at my brother's and my dad's door, they emerged looking like a bedhead, both with a letterman jacket and jeans.  My eyes widened a little and went back to normal.

The church.  My refuge.  After church, we went home straight.  I sat in front of the TV, staring at the blank screen then I heard my phone ring.

"Yes?" I answered the phone.

"It's Kristen. I'm outside your house. Hurry, open it." she sounded like she was in a hurry and watchful.  I scurried down the stairs and to the door.  I saw a messy figure standing in front of me when I opened the door.  It was Kristen, she was still in her pajamas and her hair was really messy.

"Oh my gosh! Kristen! What happened to you?!" I shouted, alarmed.

"Just let me in. I'll explain." she mumbled.  She went in and saw my brother by the stairs.

"Hi Kristen. What happened to you?" my brother greeted and asked her, concerned.  That's weird, they don't talk to each other before.

"Can we talk about this in the library?" she said as she made her way to the library.

We sat down in our own seats, my brother was even there then he suddenly hugged Kristen by the waist. I gasped, "What-?"

"Don't you know that we were already together? That was a long time news." my brother told me in a low voice.

"But what about David?" I asked Kristen.

"David? Oh poo, he's my best guy friend, the couple thing was just an act." she rolled her eyes.

"You mean, all I knew was a lie?! Why didn't you just tell me about your relationship with my brother?!"

"Because you would separate us!" Kristen cried.

"I won't! I respect my brother's choice."

"Oh really? Don't you remember the time when he brought home a girl from our batch? How you despised her?"

"But she's a flirt! She just dumps every boy that courts her after she plays with them!"

"See!"

"That was an exception and how dare you hide your relationship from the others?! Are you ashamed of having an older boyfriend?"

"No."

"Then why did you hide it from me? From us and what about David? Don't you think he'll be hurt because you're just using him?"  If I were a cartoon, there would be fumes steaming out of my ears.

"He understands!"

"Understand. Yeah right, you don't care about him! About us!"

"I do!"

"You don't, if you do, you'd trust me." I said calmly, controlling myself.

"Camille, please go easy on her." my brother pleaded.

"Stay out of this!" I growled.

He grab hold of my shoulders, "Seriously, Camille, listen to me, I love her. I know I should've told you about it but Kristen doesn't want me to. She's afraid that you'll get mad, I promise to take care of her, Camille, please, give her a chance."

I looked at my brother, I was shocked that he talked to me like this.  "Fine but don't expect me to trust easily."

"Thank you, Camille." he hugged me, really tight.

"Camille, I'm so sorry." Kristen said and I just snorted.

"Oh yeah, I've got some bad news.." Kristen trailed off.

"What's that?"

"I'm.. expecting."

"What?! Seriously?" my brother stood up.

"Yeah.."

I was so shocked.  I didn't expect that Kristen would be like this.  What will happen to her future?  What will happen to my brother?  What if he's sued or..?  I may be mad at Kristen now but that doesn't mean I don't care for her anymore.

"I think I have a spell for that."

Yeah, you've guessed it, I got the spellbook and chanted the spell that can stop the formation of the baby but I missed something out.  There was a consequence for the ones that uses this spell.  I looked at Kristen with big wide eyes but I was too late.

After that, I heard the worst news I could ever hear.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think happened to Kristen and what new did Camille hear?:))

-Cayle Cooper

featured book: Chat Mate by @kimpyvon

featured song: What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction

featured artist: Chris Hemsworth