Epilogue

{Camille Cassidy}

"Princess Camille Cassidy, you have a visitor named Kaleb. Should I bring him in?"  The butler informed me formally.  My life changed after getting Thales back.  I know that we already have a great life already before, but this is today different.  I feel like I have nothing to do already since everything was served.  If I were planning to do something, the servants would immediately tell me that they would be the ones who will do it instead.  I don't really feel like a princess, but I feel like I'm being spoiled.  Now, instead of announcing or asking for permission, I do things secretly in order to escape from the care of the servants.  I don't do anything dangerous or illegal.  I just do the simple things like getting water for myself.  I was raised up that way, and nobody can change that trait of mine.

 "Let him in. Bring him to the living room. Tell him to wait. I'm just going to get ready."  I ordered.  It's true that I want to do things on my own, but there are times when I take advantage of the servants too.  However, I always remember that they are also humans.  That's why I just tell them to do simple things too.

I fixed myself a little and went down to meet Kaleb in the living room.  I saw that the butler already took his coat and gave him a glass of cranberry juice.  I sat down on the brown suede couch, just across the couch where Kaleb is sitting.  I fixed my skirt and turned to him.  "Hi Kaleb, what brings you here today?"  I asked, trying to sound as flat as possible.  I don't want to let him hear the icy tone.

"Good morning, Princess Camille. I came to apologize for my wrong doings. I did not realize that I am already hurting someone for my actions. I wish to inform you that Thania cursed me with an unknown spell. I was bound to follow her around against my will. I wish to ask for forgiveness. I may be too shameless if I ask for you to accept me again, but I will do my best to take you back. I want you all my life, and I can't bear to lose you. Also, I heard about Travis. I know that you may choose him over me now, but I will fight for you. I promise."  Kaleb said his apologies and bowed.  I was too speechless to say anything, but I caught myself.  I remembered what I had read before.

"Prince Kaleb, I can see that you have misunderstood the power of magic. I have learned that the spell casted upon you was controllable. You may not be cursed if your heart was strong enough. However, you were cursed, and that proves that your love for me wasn't strong enough. You were after the power that you could inherit from the lady, and that is the worst kind of love. It is the love of greed, wealth and power. The Kaleb I loved wasn't like this. He was more thoughtful. He would leave everything behind in order to get to the ones he loves on time. Kaleb, if you didn't allow yourself to be cursed, then I would still accept you. Therefore, I would still accept your apologies, but we cannot be together anymore. You were right. That Travis guy that you mentioned earlier? I already have feelings for him, but I waited for this time. I wanted to have a closure with you first."

"I'm sorry, Camille, but it was out of my own control. I did not want this to happen. It was my father!"

"You handle your own life therefore, you make your own decisions. You cannot let your father decide for you. It's a sign of immaturity. If you should break rules in order to achieve something, then do it. You already said it yourself. You are a sign of a weak-willed person."  I said sternly, meaning everything that I had said.

"How could you, Camille? I said that I would do my best to get you back, but you declined that offer. What more could I do in order to get you back?"

"Nothing. I will never accept you again. I believe that being friends is the last offer. Take it or leave it."

"I'll leave it. Friends, ha! It sounds so good right? That's the one that limits everything. I don't care about friends. What I want is a good love life with you. I did everything that I could already. What should I do? Why does it seem like you are asking for more? Haven't I proved my love for you? I shall go now. Goodbye, Camille. Thank you for your time."  Kaleb shouted and stormed out of the door, holding back his tears.  I have never seen him like this before.  He wasn't this aggressive with me before.  I never even seen him cry before.  I realized that he possessed a high pride, and I have hurt it so badly.  I feel sad and guilty about it, but it was for my own good.  I can't keep living in the past.  My heart was already aching with pain of heartbreak.  I had loved him for who he was before, but now, he messed everything up already.  He missed his chance.  I'm sorry Kaleb.

Also, I found out that I was bound to be with Travis ever since.  This was the time that everything would be exposed already.  Fate had already worked its way, and we can't do anything about it.  If I didn't accept Travis, then he would die.  It was already written in the Book of Unveil.  Everything that would happen in the future is already recorded in that book.

"Camille!"  A voice boomed from behind.  It was my father calling as he approached me.

"Yes, father?"

"Your wedding shall be held tomorrow."

"Dad? Am I hearing the right thing?"

"Yes, my dear. Your wedding shall be held tomorrow. No excuses."

"Wait, who is the groom?"

"Why are you asking? Isn't it too obvious?"

"No."

"It's Travis Stanwood."

"How did-?"

"It's an arranged marriage. You cannot complain. Don't you know that he is also a prince from a kingdom?"  Why didn't I know about that?  Why didn't Travis tell me about it?  How come the guys that I liked are all princes?

"Yes, father."  I went up my room and called Travis.  He answered the phone and I immediately shouted, "What in the world are you thinking? What's the big idea of sending a dream to my dad?"

"I didn't sent any dream to anyone. What are you talking about? Did something go wrong?"

"He suddenly announced that I have a wedding tomorrow! That's what's wrong! How could something like this happen?"

"Wedding? With who?"

"You!"

"Is that so? Then bye."

"Are you insane? Do something!"

"Fine. I must be crazy. Why am I going to do reverse something instead of letting it benefit me? I'll just send you something, just wait."  He ended the call.  After a couple of seconds, Travis suddenly appeared in front of me.

"Travis! What in the world are you doing here? I didn't ask you to come here. I said do something that could change my father's mind!"  I demanded, but he doesn't seem to be listening.  He just approached me, without saying anything.  He looked at me in the eye, and he suddenly kissed me passionately.  My eyes widened, and I tried to push him away, but I melted into his arms.  I kissed him back.  Suddenly, I remembered the curse of kissing!  I pushed him away and told Travis about my curse.

"I am completely aware of it."  Travis said confidently.

"Why did you do that then?"

"Look at the time."  12:00 A.M.  What about it?

"Camille, think. It's already your wedding day. I love you."  I touched my lips.  His kiss was still lingering.  I can't believe it, but I already had my first kiss, and my wedding is already near.  I didn't realize my true feelings, but I love this guy standing in front of me.  He was there all along, but I didn't know that he was already the one.

"I can't believe it, but you were there all along, and I didn't even realize that."  I said.  This time, I jumped into his arms and kissed him hard on the lips.  I'm glad that I met him.  I'm glad that father arranged a marriage that would make me end up with this guy.

"I love you, Camille Cassidy."

"I love you too, Travis Stanwood."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The end, and they lived happily ever after.  Hahaha!  You have reached the end of the story.  Thank you for reading and supporting Cinderella's Locket!  I hope you enjoyed and voted every chapter.

If you have any suggestions, just comment below!

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Lyxen.:)