Chapter 12: Wait, a Clue!

You're wondering what's written in that note?

Here:

Dear Harry,

I love you but this relationship isn't working out as it should be.  I've decided to leave, sorry for not telling you soon and sorry for making yesterday your last day of seeing me.  Thank you for those times when we had fun, you really made me smile. :">

Please take care of the kids.  Make sure they're happy even if I'm not there.:)

P.S.  I'm really sorry.:(  The divorce papers are in your office desk.  Just sign it, I told our attorney about it, we don't need to go to the court to cause trouble.

The next note:

Dear kids,

I love you guys, I'm sorry for leaving without telling you.  Stay happy, I wouldn't appreciate it if you cry because of me leaving.  Take care ALWAYS.

P.S.  What's yours shall be yours again.:)

I brought the letter along with me to the room.  I sprawled on the bed and put up my feet.  I read the note again.  Wait a minute, my mother doesn't use all caps and she hates it.  What does she mean by "What's yours shall be yours again?"

I heard a knock on my door, "Come in!" I shouted.  It was my dad.

"I need.. to talk." he said with a few sniffles in between.

"Sure."

He sat down on my love seat and started talking.

"There's something that I haven't told you yet."  I just stared at him.  I saw how red and swollen his eyes were, how his big hands were shaking.  "It's about your mom. She was the princess of Thales before. I was her first boyfriend and I was stupid enough to get her pregnant. When her parents knew about it, they were enraged and they planned to evict your mother and behead me. Before that even happened, we eloped. I loved her very much, we found a deserted cabin in the woods and lived there. I was still so afraid even if I know that I'm safe. In the end, I left her alone in that house, alone with your brother that hasn't been born yet. I left her with the burden. I was really guilty back then, I went back to her when your brother was a year old. She was really furious, of course, who wouldn't be but in the end, she accepted and forgave me."  He sniffed again, "I treated her like a queen afterwards, until now, I don't know why she left though. I gave her everything.."  He trailed off.

There was nothing I could say.  I told myself that I'd keep the all caps information to myself first.  I don't want to give my dad too much hope that she's going to return first.  What I did?  I gave him a long comforting hug which calmed him down and he left my room.  My older brother suddenly barged in.

"I heard everything."

I just nodded.

"Show me the letter."  I gave him the letter.

"I'll tell you what I found out."

"The all caps?" he said, as if reading my mind.  I nodded again.

"Is it possible that she was kidnapped or maybe convinced or tricked?"

"Yes." he said.  Okay, that was helpful.

"We have to find mom." he said, putting down the note forcefully.

"I know but how?"

"Research, ask, spy and stalk."

"Easy to say." I rolled my eyes.

"Who told you that it'll be easy? Think about mom. Is she more important that everything else?"

"Well, God is more important. We need to pray first, for guidance."

"Well, except that."

"Okay! Let's do it!" I jumped.

"Keep your voice down."

Why is my brother so annoying and helpful at the same time?  I guess brothers are always like that.  I prayed to God after.  God, I know you've given me everything I need but I need help.  It's about mom, she suddenly left but there's something odd about the letter.  We're going to find her, God.  I promise and with your help, I know I can.  I believe in the power of prayer becasue God proved that it works.

My favorite part is going to start now!  Investigating time!

I examined the note from top to bottom, bottom to top, back to back, upside down to upside up. (is there even a word like that?)  What conclusion I ended up?

Description.  The note was odd, the way it was written.  It was as if, scripted.  Someone made her write this but who?  The second note, directed to ours, was different.  She wrote it in a different way, like she expects us to see her again, like she's giving us a mission and she was in a hurry when she wrote it.  She surreptitiously wrote it but when?  There were a few glitters showered below the note, it was gold.  Mom's favorite glitters, she never used it unless if it's really important.  I remember she once said, "This gold is magical, everything lies in it."

Everything lies in it.  It echoed in my head.  Could it be?

I got the spell book, I scanned the table of contents.  After Consumption of Eel.  How to Summon Fruit Monkeys.  How to Turn into a Flamingo.  How to Make Animals Talk (Works better for Cats).  There, found it.  Movie Opener.

I chanted the spell and the glitters form into a scene.  I saw my mom in front of me, "I knew it, you're a wise child. Don't worry about me. Did Harry tell you about my past? If yes, you'll be getting it back soon. I'll be safe." She smiled and the holograph faded.

"Mom! Where are you? Why did you tell us to be happy when it's impossible?! The throne isn't even more important than you!" I shouted angrily while tears flow down my cheeks.

It was like magic, as if she heard me.  Her face showed up again, "Do not worry about me, you're journey will begin and it'll be longer than you'll know. The throne will be better than you'll know."  Then she faded again.  Why, oh why isn't there a GPS in magic?!

New mission: Find mom.  Clue after clue, this will work.  It should work.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think should happen?:)

-Cayle Cooper

vomment if you like it :D