Chapter 10: The Game

"Mooooooom! I'm sooooo excited! I can't wait to go!" I shouted as I ran toward her and tackled her from behind.

"Excited little kid of mine, did you call Maureen already?"

"Oh, I almost forgot!"

“You mean you already forgot about it.”

Maureen.  The craziest in our group, she's the one who keeps the group noisy.  She loves to braid her long blonde hair, and she also has a boyfriend who is really hot.  Maureen has bright green eyes, which many guys fell in love with.

I went to room and grabbed my cute pink old-fashioned phone then dialed Maureen's number.

*bzzzbleeebzzz*

"Hello?"  A sleepy voice answered my call from the other line.

"Maureen! Why are you still sleeping in the middle of the day?"

"Wai deee yoo caw me? If you’re just going to scold me, I’m hanging up."  She groaned sleepily.

"Did you book the flight already?"

"Price! Hallie, I mean! Oh yes, yes, are you coming?"  I felt her jump up.

"Duh? Why would I even ask if I’m not coming?"

"Fine, okay, okay! Yay!"

"Bye."

"Wait, so it will be next week Tuesday, noon, Cathay Pacific. Meeting place is your house."

"My house? Okay."

*Click*

Weee!

I stared at the ceiling as I lie down on my bed.  I wonder what will happen if I have a boyfriend.  No freedom, I guess.

I picked twenty shirts and blouses along with twenty shorts, skirts and pants.  Pink scarf, check, blue cap, check, stuffed panda, check and many more.  I shoved all of them in the luggage.  It's already Saturday, but I’m too excited to wait already.  I wish time would go faster.

-Hallie Price, 18 years old