Anesthesia - Tyler Joseph

You can still remember being eighteen years old and falling deeply in love with the sweet boy with the soft smile and crooked teeth. You remember literally bumping into him in the hallway one day at uni and you remember smiling because you recognized him, even if he didn't recognize you.  You knew his name was Tyler and you knew you liked the sound of his laugh.  He didn't apologize for nearly knocking you to the ground, but instead reciprocated your smile and replied with a gentle, "Hi." 

Things hadn't been the same since and the two of you had spent the past eight years head over heels in love.  That's why it's a bit strange when the doctor informs you that Tyler isn't going to remember anything about you or the rest of his life for the next hour or so because of the anesthetic that they administered.

The reason that you both are at the hospital in the first place is because Tyler somehow neglected to mention that his side had been bothering him, until you literally found him on the kitchen floor, passed out with a spatula still in his hand. 

Thankfully he only had to get his appendix removed and he wasn't too beat up from falling to the floor.  Still, you had shouted at him for a good ten minutes after he woke up.  You couldn't believe how stupid he'd been and you continue to insist that he "should have told you" before hugging him tightly, despite the doctor's orders to not disturb him.

It's been several hours since, and you're still sitting next to Tyler's hospital bed, waiting for him to wake up. The nurses tell you that Tyler should be waking up any minute now, and when he does, you should make sure that he eats some food.

You're so busy texting Josh an update on what's going on, that you don't even realize when Tyler wakes up. It's not until you hear rustling and a heavy sigh that you're startled.

Immediately you snap your head up and see Tyler trying feebly to pick up the water bottle he just dropped onto the floor. Without thinking about it, you reach over and grab Tyler by the wrist gently, stopping him. "Hi," you say warmly.

Tyler turns to look at you then and you watch as he inhales sharply in surprise. You furrow your eyebrows at him, unsure why Tyler is giving you that look and you're even further confused when Tyler breathes, "Wow."

You blink at him, dropping his wrist. "What is it? Have I got something on my face?"

Tyler shakes his head really slowly and his expression is—of awe? It's not a rare expression on Tyler's face since he's awed by even the simplest things, flowers, sunsets, birds on the lawn, but it's very misplaced here in a hospital room after he's just had surgery.

"No," Tyler mumbles, eyes wide, he looks slightly crazed. You realize it must be the anesthetics making him loopy. "God, you're so gorgeous."

That startles a laugh out of you.  You cover your mouth with your hands in disbelief. "I'm what?"
"Gorgeous," Tyler repeats very seriously.

You smile before you can help it and immediately start scrambling for your phone, turning the camera on and starting to record a video.  As if you're going to let the world miss out on a hazy Tyler calling you gorgeous.

You're then reminded of your current, instructed responsibilities and with your other hand, you pick a cracker up from the plastic plate that the nurses left behind. "Eat up, Ty."

"I'll do anything you want me to do," Tyler replies with an earnest expression, taking the cracker from your hand.  You laugh again. "Just say the word."

"That's good to know, love, thank you," you reply, patting Tyler's free hand lightly before leaning back in your seat. "Are you feeling alright?"
Tyler doesn't answer your question at first, too busy opening his mouth wide in attempt to fit the cracker in even though it's completely unnecessary to open his mouth that wide. Then he turns to look at you again, cracker halfway to his mouth. "Who are you? What's your name?"