Frank Iero - Stressed Out

You barely manage to unlock your front door because of how bad your hands are trembling. How did I manage to fuck up so badly this time? The lock finally clicks, and you swing open the door to the home you shared with Frank Iero. You see him lounging on the couch in front of the TV, watching the evening news. He turns his head when he hears you come in.

"Hey (Y/N)!" He greets you with a smile, happy to see you.

His smile immediately disappears as you slam the door behind you with more force than necessary, the loud bang reverberating off the walls.

"(Y/N)? (Y/N) come here." Frank sounds worried. He mutes the TV then shifts his weight, scooting over to make room for you on the couch. You rush over to him and you're immediately engulfed in his arms.

"Hey, hey (Y/N), it's ok now, I'm here. What's wrong honey?" He coos as he rubs your back gently.

"I failed." Is all you say, your voice muffled from where your face was buried in the front of his shirt.

"What? (Y/N) look at me, c'mon." Frank pulls back to gently force you to look at him. His big green-brown eyes are worried and confused.

You clear your throat and look down at your hands.

"I failed my exam at university today." Your eyes begin to sting and your voice breaks a little as you say it out loud. Frank's eyes soften.

"Aw sweetie." He wraps you in his arms once again. Frank is warm and soft and smells like home, and after the long day it's the most comforting thing you could ask for. "(Y/N), it's okay. It was just one exam, I'm sure you'll make up for it." Frank reassures. You pull back again to look at him.

"It's just... I've tried so hard Frank. And to absolutely fail an exam... What if I'm not cut out for this? What if I'm just not good enough for-"

"Hey! Stop that!" Frank interrupts you, furrowing his brow. "It was one exam okay? You're brilliant (Y/N). This was just a slip up. I know you're going to be fine. I know you are." His eyes are sincere as he speaks. He really believes in you.

You smile at him, already feeling better, and when he sees you smile he leans in to give you a kiss. The kiss is sweet and kind, but after a few seconds you hear Sweet Pea's trademark heavy breathing, and you hear the tiny pattering footsteps as she sidles up next to your legs on the floor. She lets out a weird little grunt, and Frank ends the kiss.

"Look, even Sweet Pea came over to say it's all okay! Right Sweet Pea?" He coos to her as he picks the old dog off the ground and puts her in his lap. Frank looks at you with a little smile as he puts his hands under the little dog's arms and lifts her up a bit so that she's standing like a human would.

"Look (Y/N)! Sweet Pea is dancing!" Frank proceeds to move the dog up and down, bouncing her on her hind legs slightly as though she were dancing. You can't keep back your laughter.

"Frank oh my gosh stop!" You let out between laughs. Frank smiles hugely at you, pleased, and with one last little bounce he sets Sweet Pea back on the floor.

"Really (Y/N), I know this sucks, but I promise you that it's not the end of the world. You are amazing, and I know you'll do great." Frank tells you more seriously, with a sincere look in his eyes.

"Thank you so much Frankie." With a smile, you let out a deep breath.

"Well, let's get to it then!" Frank suddenly cheers happily.

"What?" You're confused.

"Well I'm not done making you feel better! My lovely (Y/N) deserves the best after a long working day at uni." He lifts himself off the couch and heads to the kitchen. You follow, curious.

"I'm making you dinner, and you will enjoy it with me on the couch. We will cuddle, and we will relax. Now go sit and wait!" Frank instructs in a stern but lighthearted voice. Happily complying, you set yourself on the couch.

Not long after, Frank has made spaghetti and you're both curled on the couch with a fleece throw draped over your legs.

(Your Welcome)