Surpise! - Ryan Ross

(This one is so friggin cute, in my opinion)

Everything was going great. You had watched the show completely unspotted, unrecognized, and unharmed by anyone. Then, after the show happened and a few fans recognized you. Then the rest of the people from inside the venue that were exiting the venue saw you too.

"Guys! Oh my gosh is that Ryan's girlfriend, Y/N?!?! It is!" Someone yelled as you were walking away from the venue down the street to your car. As soon as you heard the voice yell that, your walk became a jog and then a run to get away. The last thing you needed was a bunch of fans to stalk you and to ruin your surprise for Ryan. As you got away from them and made it to your car, you quickly drove away before you could be swarmed.

Your teenage self was not about to deal with a mob of people who wanted to pretend to be your friend in order to possibly meet your boyfriend and his band.
As you pulled into the parking garage of the hotel you were staying at, you noticed a familiar black bus parked outside and a bunch of people crowded around the outside of the hotel.

Staying at the same hotel as Ryan was the way you were going to 'accidentally' bump into him and surprise him. But once you were parked, you noticed that you had a missed call from Ryan. After getting out of your car and heading towards the entrance of the hotel through the parking garage, you smiled, bringing the phone to your ear to return his call.

His peppy voice picked up on the third ring. "Hey! Y/N! You called back!"
"Of course I did ya goon. Sorry, I would have answered but I was driving. What's up?"
"Well, someone on Instagram tagged me in a photo... A picture of you actually... Walking outside the venue we played today. You wanna explain, maybe?" His voice sounded confused and a little hurt. Probably because you didn't tell him and he was afraid he wouldn't be able to fit you into his schedule. But the band had already accounted for that, just coming up with some kinds of excuses that he would buy, when in reality you had two days to spend together.

"It's probably an old photo from when I saw Green Day or something. Someone trying to pull your leg." You insisted, hopefully convincingly as you entered the hotel, showing your key card to the guards by the door. They let you pass and you headed to the elevator, heading up to your floor.

There was a pause on the line and a small sigh. "Oh. Okay, well. I guess I'll see you in a while once the tour ends. A few more weeks. It'll be okay, right?" Ryan's voice had a bit of sadness in it that even the static of the phone line couldn't quite cover. It took everything not to yell 'just kidding, I'm here!' and surprise him there, but you knew that seeing the look on his face when you knocked on his door would make it better.
"Yeah, I know." You feigned sadness as well and sighed. "Look, babe, it's late. I should probably head to bed. I'll call you tomorrow morning okay? I love you. Goodnight Ryan!" You smiled into the phone line, hanging up before he had a chance to make you crack and reveal your secret. Quickly, you put your stuff from the concert in your room and texted Brendon, finding out the floor and room number that they were staying in.

From: Beebo

3rd floor, room 209. See ya soon.
read at 9:46pm.

The text let you know it was go time, and you knew Brendon had told the other guys to make sure Ryan answered the door.

A few minutes passed as you waited for the elevator to get to the fourth floor, which you were staying on, and then drop off the people who had been in before you. Then, it went to the third floor, where you would meet your boyfriend. Once you finally arrived and got off, you scanned the room numbers on the doors for two hundred and nine. As you saw it, you smiled to yourself.

With a quick glance down at your outfit, you did the previously decided knock on the door and heard Spencer yell inside. "RYAN. SOMEONE'S AT THE DOOR."

"I heard that, but you're closer. You answer."

"Dude you're already standing."

There was a groan, presumably from Ryan, and then the sound of locks unlatching. As the door was pulled open, Ryan's grumpy and half asleep face greeted you. It was apparent that he hadn't showered yet: He still had smears of makeup on his face from the show that had ended about an hour ago, and his hair was still a mess.

"You... Hi!" His arms grabbed you in a hug and pulled you into the room before he kicked the door shut and pulled back, looking at you with a bright smile on his face. "You said it was an old-"

"Look, yes, I lied. But it was to surprise you! I saw the show and it was amazing." You smiled.

Ryan's smile was huge as he glance back and saw Brendon leaning against the back of the couch, Spencer sitting on it correctly and looking over at you guys. "Did you guys-"

"Yep. We knew."

"We're just awesome."

Spencer and Brendon stated before doing a casual high five to prove their point.
"Thanks" Ryan smiled before tugging you into another hug, gently kissing you as he did.
"Hi."

"Hi."