(1)The Last Thing I Want For You Is A Happy Ending - Tyler Joseph

(Sorry that is one is long, there is a part 2)

You honestly thought Tyler was the one. If you could go back, exactly one year ago to when you and Tyler were together, maybe things would be different. Because Tyler was everything. But you can't change the fact that your relationship ended and you can't restart the day you and Tyler had the fight that inevitably led to you breaking up. It was heartbreaking and one of the things you remember most about that time is the amount of ice cream you ate. It was the only thing you could find comfort in, which sucked because you ended up gaining seven pounds before you finally decided that enough was enough.

You decided, after a month of moping and eating and sleeping and not doing anything else, to shower, put on a nice outfit and go to a local bar as a single woman.

There you met Matt, who was one of the only guys there not using pitiful pickup lines to try and score a one night stand. So you started talking, and talking led to a first date, which led to a second, then a third, and many more after that.

The most recent one was the most memorable. You'll never forget the jolt that went through you when you saw the ring that he was holding in front of you.

Y/N Y/L/N...will you marry me?

And you said yes. You said yes again and again and again, because you were convinced you were in love with this man.
Since then, you had prepared everything for the wedding. The cake, the venue, the dress...the dress.

Every woman dreams of what their wedding dress will look like, wondering if it will be everything they've ever imagined. Well, you can say first hand that it is.

The dress is perfect and the venue is perfect and Matt is perfect.
But then you remember Tyler.

Tyler was your world. The one you loved and cherished. The one you wanted to be with forever.

But that was before. You wanted to be with Tyler and you thought he was the one. That was before Matt. Before the proposal, before the dates, before the bar, and before the unreasonable amount of ice cream.
But, even though it's been more than a year, you can't seem to come to terms with the way it ended between you and Tyler.
-
"Y/N, you know how important this is to me, why are you asking me to back out?"

"Stop making me the bad guy here, Tyler! You know as well as I do that I would never ask you to back out of something like this. I just want to see you more. You're accusing me of making you choose between your girlfriend and your music career. That's not what I'm doing!"

"Well, that's what it sounds like."
-
It went on like that for a while longer. Each of you spit out words that you didn't mean, but they were still said. At first, those words stung, then they burned, then they sliced at you until you had nothing left to hold onto except your anger.

It didn't end until Tyler walked out, not coming back for a few days. You assumed he went to Josh's, but he never told you.
He came back and, not long after, you both decided that it would be better if you spent some time apart. Things were different and the words that were said were too fresh for both of you.

And that's what led to the seven pounds. That's what led to the bar. That's what led to the dates

That's what led to the engagement.

You've tried hard to tell yourself that you're over Tyler. That's a part of your life that you need to let go.

But he's always there. He's there when you pass the little coffee shop on the corner the two of you met at where he spilled coffee on you. He's there when you see a piano or a ukulele, even something as simple as a microphone. Because Tyler was special, and it's not easy to get over someone like that.
And the closer you get to the wedding, the guiltier you feel. You've always wished it hadn't ended the way it had. You wish you could say that you and Tyler are still friends.