Fourteen.

My smile wavers as I watch my, now former, car get driven off by its new owner.

Goodbye Bumblebee.

Although I can probably afford to keep the car, I still made the decision to do away with it. One of the harsher lessons I have learned in life is to always have a plan B. If this new job doesn't work out, at least I have a safety net.

This has probably been the most productive morning that I've had in a while. Besides getting this sale finalized, I also emailed my resignation to Brad and Mandy. Thankfully Niall has arranged for us to meet at the concert venue this morning rather than the hotel because there's no telling how awkward going there would have been.

My thoughts are interrupted by the sudden sound of honking which immediately causes me to roll my eyes.

"Seriously?" I scold Micah as soon as I get into the passenger seat. "That scared me to death!"

"First of all, bïtch I texted, but you clearly didn't have your phone in your hand. Second of all, it's too cold for me to get out of the car."

"Oh." I pull my phone out of my purse and see the notification. "Sorry. Again, thank you so much for picking me up."

"You know I'll take any excuse to leave the fiery pit of Hell."

"That's true. Can't say I blame you."

"So, you're carless now." She points out.

"Carless, and husbandless. Sounds like a title for one of those soap operas."

She scoffs "Okay drama queen, you're clearly just fine without either of those. Look where I'm taking you for fücks sake! You're about to officially sign up to go travel the world with some fine asś men."

"Micah, language!" I hiss.

"Honey, you're going to be spending all of your time around Brits. I highly advise that you get used to the F-word, along with a few others. I'll gladly give you a few more examples."

"Oh my god, just shut up and drive."

"Look at you using the Lord's name in vain. You're already off to a fantastic start!"

~~~

Still having over an hour to kill before the meeting, I had Micah drop me off at the Walgreens that's a few blocks away from the arena.

I aimlessly wander through the makeup aisle, my eyes immediately focused on a lipstick display.

Hmm... Maybe I could treat myself today?

In the middle of my mental debate of whether to get the classic red or a more fun spring color, I feel someone tap on my shoulder.

"Wren, is that you?"

I turn around and smile when I see that it's one of Oliver's old friends.

"Trevor, hi. How are you?"

"Eh, I'm alright. Just here to pick up some antibiotics for Makayla. She has yet another ear infection... What are you doing on this side of town?"

"Well, I worked just down the street at the Maple, but today I have a meeting in the area."

"Oh, I forgot that you have a job over there." He frowns, "That's why you haven't been going to church, right?"

I gulp and slowly nod.

Sure, that's exactly why.

It's not like I'm questioning my faith or anything.

"Well, just know that you are missed. Maybe try to come soon, eh?"