Three.

Micah and I walk into the seventh-floor lounge, and despite the never-ending sea of full grocery bags on top of the tables, we feel relieved. Finally, after working sixteen hours straight yesterday, and coming immediately back at six this morning there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Almost, anyway.

We had finished placing each welcome basket, and all of the additional requests into all of the rooms. That was after we did a walk through with management so they could do a final inspection. Everything was as close to perfect as it could get.

Now we have to attack this mess, and then we will officially be ready for their arrival.

Hallelujah.

We load as many sacks as possible onto our arms and make our way into the adjoining kitchen. After several minutes of the only sounds being rustling plastic bags, Micah breaks the silence on her way into the walk-in refrigerator with a large bag of kale in her hand.

"Did you know that, before 2012, the largest buyer of this stuff was Pizza Hut?"

I hum in response not quite caring about her random factoid.

"Do you want to know what Pizza Hut used this for?"

She isn't going to let this go. I sigh and wait for her to answer herself. She is going to tell me whether I want to hear it or not.

"To decorate their salad bars. Not even to eat. Then all of a sudden it's considered some type of super food? It's a scam."

"Well get the scam in the fridge before it wilts."

"I'm just saying that this isn't any healthier than any other type of lettuce. This, and this," she says pointing to the several bags and containers of kale chips that are scattered on the counter "is nothing but marketing in its purest form."

"Well, this is a lot of kale." I mutter, not wanting to admit that I can understand her little conspiracy theory.

Finally she continues her journey to the fridge and I mutter a quick prayer begging God to have her shut up for at least one hour.

"I just hope whichever boy that insisted on all of that shit is aware that he is a total sucker."

God must have been too busy to take my call.

"That's not nice." I scolded.

"Do you want to know what else isn't nice? These assholes booking at the complete last minute. They get to force their way in here and make me work ridiculous hours, but I can't say that one is stupid?"

I glance in her direction and ask, "Are you done talking?"

"For now."

Maybe that light is a little bit further down the tunnel than what I had originally thought.

~~~

"It's beautiful."

I nod in agreement looking at the scene in front of us. The lounge is completely spotless, all the table and chairs are lined up perfectly. The buffet area where they will be enjoying their breakfast is bright and shiny. The snacks and beverages are beautifully displayed on a large table that is covered with what Micah called a "One Direction red" tablecloth. Who knew that they had a signature color?

"Let's get out of here before we find a flaw, go go go." Micah coaches as she gently pushes me out of the double doors.

When we were on our way back to the office, I catch a glance of myself in one of the decorative mirrors that are lined up in the extravagant lobby.