34 | who are you

"I'll kill him. I'll kill that man." Chat growls, immediately making his way towards Marinette's room door, pacing with long strides. A palm to his chest had him stopping in his tracks, and the hand belonged to Marinette herself.

"No, you won't kill him." Marinette's eyesbrows furrowed angrily.

"Yes I will." Chat growls, his eyes practically burning holes into the room door.

"I won't let you," Marinette says more gently, resting both of her hands on his leather chest now in order to keep him in place.

Chat laughs, and it almost sounds evil and mockingly. He suddenly grabs ahold of her wrists, holding them tightly into his leather hands and pulling them away from his chest. "And you're going to stop me, Marinette? I'd like to see you try."

Growing angry, Marinette rips her hands away from his grasp, the action taking him quite off guard. "You're right, I can't stop you Chat Noir." She then takes a couple of steps away from him, her arms opened wide sarcastically, as if taunting him to pass by her. "Go ahead. Kill Damon. But once you do, you'll be the man he is. And I despise Damon."

Suddenly, Chat's whole facial expression softened just a bit. He didn't want to be like Damon at all, and definitely didn't want Marinette to despise him. Marinette stepped away from his figure without a word and began to head back to the bed were his mother lay. He watched her every move, and he could feel the disappointment radiating off of her.

Then, Chat had suddenly remembered the deal he had made with Alya. He had set her and that Carl guy free so that their leader could help his mother. He wasn't sure how much time he had left, but it was worth a shot if it was a chance for his mother to live.

Why had even ran to Marinette for help in the first place when she hadn't been able to do a single thing? He could've taken their deal right away.

And the deal was still valid.

"I set Alya and...whatever his name is free." Chat suddenly announced into the silence, disregarding the odd change of subject.

Marinette's back was faced to him as she stood by his mother's side. Chat Noir watched as Marinette stroked the woman's hair away from her closed eyes gentility. "I wondered how Alya ended up at the police station again." Marinette mumbled, not even turning back to look at him.

Chat Noir had expected some lecture, but when Marinette stayed silent and didn't bother to get upset with him, he continued on, "Alya made a deal with me that their leader could help my mother get better if I went to talk with him."

Back still faced towards him, Marinette simply shrugs her shoulders, as if everything he was saying to her meant nothing.

Chat furrowed his brows slightly, "I've decided to take the deal."

"Well then," mutters Marinette as she finally turns around to look at him, "Who am I to stand in your way?"

"You're not in my way." Chat stubbornly retorts.

"Then why are you still here?" Marinette asks him, the sarcasm and anger laced in her every word. "Why did you even come to the police station in first place begging for me to help your mother?" The bluenette crosses her arms as she stares her partner from head to toe, "If I, the person with a doctor's degree can't help your mother, what makes you think some thief can?"

His brows furrow further, and Chat growls with impatience, "I don't beg for anything." He lets his pride get to him, "Besides, you have no idea what this man is capable of. He could help!"