9 | friends or foes

Marinette was not ready to make it be known to her follower that she was currently armed. The man, most likely, was probably looking for some money, or in a worse case scenario, someone whom he could force to be with him for a one night stand.

What Marinette didn't know, was that two figures were watching her. One, she had caught onto immediately, and the second, stayed hidden quietly in the shadows.

A dark and somewhat evilish chuckle erupted from the darkness, and her eyes were immediately fixed on where it had come from. The first figure she knew had been on her tail stepped out from under the dim light of the lamppost, making himself visible.

Marinette immediately began to study his features. From her view, the man was dressed in all black; but she didn't miss his green sneakers, blue baseball cap, and devilish dark eyes.

She didn't utter a word as he stepped closer. She wanted him to make the first move. "What are you doing out here all alone, little lady?"

That's how all criminals approached their naive prey. Except this little lady wasn't as naive as this idiot thought.

"I beg your pardon?" Marinette replied, though his tone of voice was sarcastic. "I absolutely have no idea what you mean, sir. I'm simply taking an evening stroll."

The role she set as an innocent, stupid, young, naive woman pulled into effect well, because the man soon removed his hand from his belt loops... where his weapon probably lay hidden behind his waistband.

"Why don't you come with me?" He asked, obviously buying the act she had laid out before him. "I'm sure we could both give each other what we want tonight, wouldn't you agree?"

As disgustingly as that sounded, Marinette kept up her act. "Of course, you kind, sir. Before we do so, however, would you be ever so kind as to direct me someplace?"

"And might where that be?" He grinned mischievously, letting his golden teeth shine under the light.

That's when Marinette grinned with an all knowing smirk and pulled out her own weapon from her waistband. Aiming it straight at the man's head, her naive voice disappeared, and her accent broke through— fierce and dangerous. "To the Parish Police Station," She said, cocking her gun. "I'll even get you the finest cell."

His grin was gone in an instant, and he quickly raised his hands up into the sky at the sight of the gun she held.

In one swift motion, Marinette cuffed the man and called for backup. Because her crew was off shift, it would take them a bit longer than usual to come take away the prisoner. But Marinette didn't really mind listening to the man bicker.

"H-How could you do this?" He practically spat, as if trying to threaten her. Even though his hands were cuffed behind his back, Marinette used another hand cuff to keep him tied to the lamppost.

She leaned against the wall of a nearby building, inspecting her gun with little interest in what her prisoner was doing, or rather, saying. "What me?" She looked up at him, only to bat her eyelashes  innocently. "I have no earthly idea on what you mean."

"You know clearly well," he growled back. "You tricked me!"

Marinette barely heard his last sentence, because in the moment he had said it, she had picked up another unpleasant sound coming from the darkness. A second figure entered her radar, and it was impossible for her to know if it was a threat or an ally.

She grinned, using her brains to her advantage, she replied loud enough for the prisoner and anyone else in the area to hear. "Ah, well, we all know you played a cop."