23 | brotherly love

The next morning, Chat couldn't help but pace that hospital room back in forth. Not for his brother's sake of course -- Felix was simply fine and recovering; the feline was worried for Mairnette's sake.

After finding her in that hallway speaking to another man who seemed to know everything about her, Chat left the scene and decided snooping wouldn't give him any answers. Apparently, the two of them had known each other in the past, and in Chat's eyes, they seemed to despise each other.

Why?

Well, he didn't really know.

Damon is a doctor, Chat told himself. Maybe Marinette and him worked together in the past. They were probably friends.

Or, the feline cringed at the sound of the voice echoing in his head, they could've been in a relationship! Think about it? It would explain why they stared at each other liked they would want to murder one another.

The voice did have a point.

What if they were boyfriend and girlfriend at one point? Could it be possible that Mairnette at one point actually liked that dweeb?

Um...He meant, dude? Yes. Dude.

That was more appropriate.

Chat slumped back into his seat with a pout on his lips. The last thing he wanted right now was to see some idiotic moron somehow ride off with Mairnette into the sunset.

That was not going to happen!

Because, they had to get this case finished, and Chat couldn't have his partner running all over the world with a coward.

A moan from the bed in front of him startled Chat so greatly, he had almost pounced from out of his seat. His eyes however quickly widened when they spotted something shifting under the sheets.

Felix had finally woken up.

"Adrien? Is that you?" Felix mumbled, and Chat watched as his brother's eyes squinted open to catch a a view of the feline, "You l-look awfully...um...different."

Chat just chuckled and came closer to his brother's side, "It's a long story."

Felix stared up at his insane brother with such confusion, "But seriously, why on earth is your....leather white?"

"It was Mairnette's idea," Chat chuckled even more at the thought of the woman he was slowly falling in love with, "To hide myself so we could get you here as quick as possible. She even gave you a quick haircut to hopefully disguise you too. She didn't really have much time to do anything more."

Felix eyes quickly narrowed at the mention of Marinette's name, "Wait...Marinette? The cop?"

Chat nodded, "Yeah?" Then he raised an eyebrow, "What's the bi-"

"Don't even ask what the big deal is, Adrien. You know perfectly well." Felix groaned in annoyance, bringing his hand up slowly to rub his face.

"Honestly, I don't." Chat answered truthfully, "She saved your life! You should be grateful-"

"Grateful for what?" Felix snapped, "Yeah, maybe she saved my life now. But cops are unpredictable, Adrien. They'll turn on you when you least expect it."

Chat frowned at his brother's logic and crossed his arms above his chest, "I told you to not call me that," he frowned, "Besides, Marinette would never turn her back to me. We're friends."

"Is that so?" Felix quizzed, propping himself up against the pillow behind his self with the little bit of strength he had, "If Marinette is your so called friend, where is she now?"