One-shot

Here is the one-shot @miraculous15 entered into the contest.

___________________________

Recap:

Marinette let out a breath she had inhaled, "Pass." She muttered.

End recap.

He grabbed we chin to make we look at him, "Answer. The. Question. Mairnette." She tore away from his gaze as she looked at the bed sheets.

Tears clouded her vision. "Marinette?" His concern made her heart beat. "Why can't you answer me? What happened?"

Marinette didn't want anyone to know what happened back in her younger years. No one knew.

It hurt her to much. It was something that would haunt her for the rest of her continuance on earth. She didn't want to be looked at as insubstantial.

Just the thought made ber want to want to parish on the spot. Dematerialize. Poof, gone.

"Are you ok?" She looked back up at the couriers stray. "Um... yeah. I'm fine. Perfect."

He scowled, here she was again, lying. He could see right through her. And it was pissing him off. "Why can't you stop lying?! You're not ok! Stop lying!"

Marinette was taken back by the sentences that flew from his mouth. "Why, why can't you just tell me! I don't understand why you have to be like this. Ugh, so complicated."

He pulled at his hair in frustration. He hated himself for the outburst, obviously surprising Marientte.

She looked down at her hands that fiddles in her lap. She really wanted to tell him what happened.

Her mind was chanting.

Tell him.

Don't tell him.

Tell him.

Don't tell him.

Her mind was in a battle. Yea, she trusted him. But this was something no one knows. Could she trust him?

But what if he used it as blackmail material, and then told everyone, she would loose her job and have to liveon the streets without anything ir anyone. No food, no water, no sh-

He thoughts were cut off my Chat. "You look confuzzled." She looked at him awkwardly, trying to hold back her laughter...

Seconds later, Marinette was rolling across the mattress, dying of laughter. Chats ears drooped. "Confuzzled?!" She asked, still laughing. He couldn't help it.

He burst into laughter. Marinette looked at him and made a face. "That wasn't very nice!" He tackled Mairnette, tickling her in the process.

"I don't understand why you were so upset." He continued to laugh as Marinette stopped and frowned.

As he wiped off a 'tear' he looked back at her, her face full of anger and sadness. Was it something he said? "What's up Mari?" She looked at the feline.

"Can you keep a secret? He looked at her. "Yeah, of course." His expression now serious. Marinette looked out the window, seeing the bright, white moon.