Thirty Six ♡

Please vote and comment!

We'd been in the car for hours now driving on the long road in the middle of nowhere. Andy decided to drive instead of flash because of the off look his parents would give not seeing a car in the driveway. How else could we get there in a logical way?

We barely talked. Andy had to bang against the door a few more times for me to finally open up. I pulled my sleeves down and swung the door open, pushing past him into the hallway. He asked what happened and I kept brushing it off. When we got into the car, I turned the music up and looked out the window for the entire ride.

"So are we going to talk?" Andy asked.

I looked at him. "There's nothing to talk about Andy. I told you— I'm fine." My tone was very flat. I showed no interest in the conversation and went back to looking out the window.

Andy put a cold hand on my thigh, causing me to look back at him. "Babe please talk to me. I know you're not alright." He said, his voice soft and delicate. I held a long stare into his bright blue eyes before shrugging it off with a cold shoulder as I said, "Nothing. It's okay."

"Your wrists say otherwise." My jaw dropped and I looked at him quickly. My hands gripped at my sleeves, tugging them down farther nervously as I acted like I didn't know what he was referring to. I didn't scratch them that hard. "You do realize I can smell your blood correct?"

"I'm on my period." I muttered, lying.

Andy glared at me. "I'm not dumb."

"Just drop it Andy. Please." I grew more and more irritated with his persistency. Andy let out a long sigh and finally stopped asking. Instead, he laid his hand on my thigh and gently rubbed it with his thumb. I slid my hand on top of his and gave it a light squeeze as I continued to look out the car window.

Andy was nervous— actually, very nervous. He wasn't sure as to how his parents would react when they saw him. I thought on the bright side and pictured them at the front door holding him so tightly with a bright smile on both of their faces, however Andy saw it differently. He was afraid that they were still afraid of him— that they thought he was a monster.

"Why can't I just flash in and out?" He asked me before we left. Andy was tossing some clothes into a bag in case we had to stay at a motel for the night.

I shook my head. "No Andy. You'll already be there so you might as well see them." I told him firmly, throwing my draw string over my shoulders onto my back. Andy gave me a look and I ignored it. "You have to."

That was the last we spoke about his parents. The entire car ride was full of music and Andy cursing at drivers for going too slow. That of course made me chuckle quite a bit.

I glanced at him. "Hey."

"Hm?" He mumbled, glancing at me.

"It's all going to be okay." I reassured him, my voice gentle. Andy let his lips curve down into a soft frown but he said nothing in response. I brought his cold hand up to mine and brushed my warm lips against the back of it. He gave a weak smile as he said, "We're almost there."

"Are you nervous?" A dumb question.

Andy nodded his head. "Very."