Seven ♡

Please vote and comment!

Andy wasn't in math that day. I shot him a text but of course he didn't reply. Why would he? As far as I knew, he liked me but didn't like me? It was a confusing situation.

He was sending me mixed signals— he wanted to be friends one day and wants me dead the next day. It was a lot to wrap my head around, so I decided to ignore it for the rest of the day.

Today we were in the pool for gym— my least favorite unit of the year. Three weeks of treading water and drowning one another for the game of water polo. I wasn't fairly fond of water, especially when people were pulling me under to get the god damn ball. The smell of chlorine greeted me as we all poured out of the locker room, stopping at the edge of the pool.

My toes touched the water just barely and I shivered. I crossed my arms over my chest, hugging my black one piece as my teeth chattered. Coach walked out of the boy's locker room, leading the other guys. They all filed out around the pool and he stood on the smaller diving board as he blew his whistle.

"Good morning class." He announced.

"Morning coach." We dragged it out.

My eyes peered around, noticing Andy was missing again. Maybe he wasn't here? Coach explained the rules of polo, however I was too busy thinking of Andy and how he ducked out on me last night. He was so jittery and anxious, and he quickly just ran out. Andy wouldn't even make eye contact with me, and he was breathing so heavily as he spoke.

The whistle blew, drawing me back to reality. Everyone hopped in, and I stood still before Alex dragged me in. The cold water surrounded me, and I could feel the goosebumps rising. I quickly grabbed my chest and hugged it tightly as my teeth chattered even more.

"So, how'd it go last night?" Alex chimed in my ear as she batted her eyes. Her long eye lashes went up and down, and she gave a big smile. I rolled my eyes and stammered, "I-It was f-fine until h-he b-bailed out o-on me."

Her jaw dropped. "He left you. Little fucker! I told him to watch you because I had work! Oh I'm going to kill him—!" Her voice was rising and I clamped my hand over her mouth. She continued to rant in my hand with pure anger, and I tried to calm her down.

The class broke up into two halves and we stayed on the shallower side. I explained to her quickly about last night. She nodded her head along with me as I spoke, however she seemed to grow more and more irritated. "So he bailed on you, but kissed you, but also treated you like shit every single day you've known him?"

"Basically." I nodded.

"What the— who the fuck does this boy think he is! Jesus Christ I'm going to— hey!" Alex rubbed her head and turned around. The polo ball floated in front of her, and she found a smiling Jake laughing at the other end with his two friends. "This isn't dodgeball you dumb fucks!"

"Whoops, sorry!" A friend called.

"You're just too big of a target to miss!" Jake called out, and his friends laughed with him. Alex growled under her breath and clenched her fists, and I put my hand on her shoulder. She hated him just as much as I did— well, maybe a little less than I did. Coach barked at Jake but did nothing about the situation, and the game of water polo commenced.

I cowered in a corner, not wanting to have anything to do with this wretched game. It was basically screaming out "Drown your enemy for fun!" to me especially since our coach only had his attention on the jocks and how tough they really were. The ball came my way, and I slapped at it, letting it float back to the game.