Il Bacio Della Morte.

Author's Note: So, I know there have been a few plot twists and some drama, but I had to use them to explain the story. Next Chapter should be a happier and fluffy Chapter ;) Anway, if you have managed to read this far into the series, thank you so much for reading and for the support. I appreciate it so much.

Thank you to my lovely friends who read my chapters and give me pointers and hype me up, you know who you are. XX

Rated M for Mature audiences.

|| Harry. ||

The room is bleak and motionless as I invariably stare at Elise as she lies in the hospital bed. I'll never forget the tone of Logan's voice as my name left his lips. In that moment, my heart immersed in my chest, I knew something was wrong.
I didn't give a damn about the business call I was on and I hung up. I remember my feet hammering against the flooring, my eyes just managing to cast themselves on Elise as her voice mumbled softly and weakly before she was collapsing into Logan's arms. "She said something wasn't right, give me the phone." He hissed as he laid her down and I fell to my knees, immediately supporting her head.

If it wasn't for him, I think I would have lost my damn mind— observing her the way I did is something I don't ever want to see again, pale and weak.

I feel a hand press to my shoulder and I glance up to see Logan standing beside me with a coffee in his hand. He delivers me the cup and I nod my head in an attempt to thank him. I don't really feel like physically speaking.

I now know, to a certain extent, the pain Elise felt when it was me lying in the bed. I can only imagine how she would have felt the two weeks I was out cold, always having doctors coming in and out and asking for consent for different things.
The doctor asked me a hundred various questions needing answers that I didn't really have.

Had she eaten?

I don't know, she's usually really meticulous with eating and eating healthy, for Christ sake, the woman had me eating wholesome meals the entire time I was stuck at home on bed rest.
All I know is that there was a cup of tea on the counter and the chocolates that were sent with the bouquet of roses.

"Any news on why she collapsed?" Logan questions and I shake my head.

I haven't gotten any news back on Elise besides the fact she should be perfectly okay, just drowsy for a little while.

"They're still running tests, she's stable and fine— it's just an overwhelming feeling to know things could have been worse." I hoarsely respond, my voice breaking slightly.

"And the baby?"

I take a deep breath as I glance up at the ceiling for a moment, my whole world feeling as though it's going to come shattering down on me again. When it rains, it really does pour with my life.

"It's okay, they ah- they told me it was a close call." The words feel like poison on the tip of my tongue, burning my mouth and solidifying my heart.
Hearing that it was a close call, I believe broke me more than anyone could possibly imagine. "I shouldn't have gone back to work," I mutter to myself, disapproving my decisions on taking back my role at the business, even if I am still limited on what I can do.

I look towards Logan as he takes a seat in the other chair. "Harry, you didn't know this would happen."

I slump my shoulders into a shrug, "I should have stayed home. I should have escorted her upstairs, I should have paid more attention when her eyes were laced with pain." I can't help but feel I could have prevented everything from transpiring. I witnessed the glimpse in her eyes and the way her eyes were gradually fading, but I took her word for it when she wanted to dismiss me. I thought she was just fatigued and moody and didn't want me to smother her. But I should have just listened to my gut instinct.