-7.

Copyright 2017 Kam Blui.

All rights reserved. No part of this book may be produced or transmitted in any forms by any means, electronic, or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system without expressed written permission from the author.

January 3, 2016

|Vegas Tings.

Blayne

Landing here in Vegas was pretty cool. I'd never been before and so far so good. I'd been up since about five this morning, more so out of nervousness and excitement for today. The plane ride to Vegas was a little over an hour, filled with laughs, bottles, food, funny jokes by both Nast and Rocky, slight rapping and chanting from the guys while me and Carter were stuck on tablets. My official first day was today, and lucky for me, Steph already had plenty of Rocky's upcoming business, shows and things like that already sent to me, up until early April.

He really didn't have much actually, just a few shows, meetings, and interviews really.

Easy freakin' peasy.

Anywho, it's been about 5 hours since touching down and I was currently in my hotel room. It was now almost five, and Rocky didn't go on until nine thirty, leaving us ample time to indulge in all that Vegas had to offer, well at least for me. I had my own room at the Fremont hotel and Casino, where plenty of gambling talk was brought up on the plane. Nast was talking crazy shit about going down to check it out later, inviting both me and Carter. We just laughed it off, so I wasn't sure if Carter was down to go or not, but I was.

Carter was cool so far. She was twenty four but looked more like eighteen, nineteen, and extremely tiny and small. She dressed so damn fly though.

I could tell Rocky was paying her very well.

Usually when I'm alone left to my own devices, I always keep a pair of studio headphones in my possession, preferably my HD 25's, but I was in foreign space, so I opted to keep them home. Instead, I was leaned against the brown headboard, writing a few lyrics, along with what instruments would go with the subject content. I found myself drawing a blank though. before dating my eyes up, taking in the nice size t.v. that was currently playing an episode of King of The Hill. It was the episode where Hank caught Bobby smoking a cigarette, and as punishment Hank decided to allow Bobby to smoke an entire pack, which led to the whole family becoming addicted to the nicotine.

I'd seen this one various times, but always found myself cracking up at it, as if it was the first time. My room was a petty decent size, and I was next to Carter and a few doors down from the guys. It was definitely jumping from what I could hear, but I stayed put. I closed my eyes now, leaning my head against the wall, taking in the last two weeks of my life. I am no longer working at Pink Flames, but of course J told me he'd always have me back. 

I didn't know how I felt about this. 

I almost felt as if I was on some type of crutch or something, if this personal assistant thing didn't work out. I never wanted to go back to dancing though. I wanted way better for myself, and I didn't want to give J the satisfaction of knowing that he'd always expect me back. I had no idea what I was gonna do after Steph had the baby. In a way this was kind of like a temp job, and shit, so I was still on the lookout for labels, still sending demos, and making my You-Tube videos.

I wanted so badly to put my degree to use, but I still felt as though those four years were spent for naught. There were times when I wanted to just say fuck it all. Fuck the music, fuck writing, and fuck everything music related, but then a few minutes would go by and a damn song pops into my head. It was crazy. I just really wanted to get an email, or call back for something, as much work as I was putting in.