After putting my ear to the door and listening, making sure no one was out there, I started pressing random buttons until it played. I laid back on my chair, clearly never prepared to what I was about to hear.

The date stamp on the video read December 20, 2015. This was only shot yesterday.

I took a deep breathe, and pressed play again.

"Just for the record, my name is CJ... Carleton James Walker. Up until a few months ago, I didn't even know who my birth parents were, or what my birth name was. Not anymore though. My birth name happens to be Francis Daniel Pierce, son of Jared and Vanessa Pierce, twin brother to a wonderful and incredible girl called Alexis Pierce. She is the same girl to whom this video is directed to."

He paused, to collect his thoughts. A few seconds later, he took a deep breathe, ran his hands through his hair and continued.

"Lexi, I'm sorry. I know this apology is basically nothing compared to what I did to you but you have to hear me out. I didn't want to be a part of any of this. I was only in it to protect you little sis, and trust me, anything that ever happened, was because I was trying to protect you. Hear me out.

The first day you came into grade nine, I felt a weird connection with you. We're both alike, both physically and mentally, our appearances are similar as well. I didn't know what it was but I knew that I had to protect you at all costs. I tried that for 3 years, but come our senior year, everything changed.

That beginning of this school year, I was approached by someone who claimed to be my uncle. He showed me a lot of things that got me convinced; he even showed me who made my necklace and when. From the many stories he told me, he also told me how I ended up being a so called orphan. He told me how my own parents abandoned me, and then killed the only person who would've taken them to me."

He paused to wipe a few tears that flooded down his face. He took a sip of water then continued.

"I felt anger. I felt betrayed. But most of all, I felt abandoned; broken. My own parents are alive and well, and I had to live the beginning of my life in an orphanage. I was even more surprised to know that I had a twin. You. I know you didn't know anything so I still feel responsible for you, even more so now that I found out you were my actual twin.

One day, he told me about his plan to kill you and make your parents sorry for anything they ever did to both of us. At first, I wanted to decline the offer because I could never hurt you! But then I realized that this plan was in action whether or not I was involved. So I accepted; but only to stop them from hurting you.

The incident in the basement with Brad, it was I who injected you with the spider venom. I'm really sorry about that, by the way. Since I couldn't just stay there are watch you die, I took you to the hospital right away. Since I basically messed it up and you were still alive, Blake decided to stage a grand entrance into the spirit world so he could have all the time to plan your murder. That was him who tried the carbon monoxide poisoning thing because he knew that Jaycee was driving you after your incident. You being the smart person that you are escaped again.

A while after that, they told me that I had to break in to your house and steal my birth certificate because I doubted them about them being my parents. That's how I got the scratch on my hand that you saw. When I told them that I wanted out, they threatened to report me to the police and that they have all the evidence to incriminate me for attempted murder. The last thing they tried was to kill you when we went to the safe house, but Sebastian saved you. Apparently they found you because they tracked my phone to the house. When we got to the hospital, Blake already hired two guys to bring you to us instead. And in case you were wondering, Blake and Lucas are apparently twins who were separated at birth. I'm sure you didn't know that as well. I had to treat you the way I did just so I could stay in character, because we're in the middle of nowhere, so if they suspected that I wasn't on their side, I'd be dead in a heartbeat. It really killed me screaming at you and seeing you cry..."