Spoilt for choice.

Start from the beginning

“You’re seeing other people now?” I asked hurt.

“No it’s just a few drinks, I will see you tomorrow and I will explain the whole situation ok?” He yawned again.

“Ok if you’re sure?” I questioned.

“Don’t worry Carter ok, it’s just drinks. I will call you tomorrow ok?” He replied.

“Ok I’ll see you tomorrow and don’t forget I have something to tell you too.”

“Ok bye.” He said hanging up.

The rest of the day dragged by, my happy mood completely vanishing. I trusted Tony and we weren’t official so I had no right to hold him back but I thought we had a mutual understanding. I just hope that it hasn’t been one sided this whole time and that I have read everything completely wrong, I hope I haven’t missed my shot.

I wonder who this Hugo is? Sounds a bit poncy to me, he better not try anything with Tony otherwise I will find him and… do absolutely nothing. Tony isn’t mine and if I didn’t act soon he might never be mine either. Hugo whoever he was had every right to make his move but I will be damned if he thinks I am not going to put up a fight.

It’s just drinks he promised me. Pulling my head out of the clouds I focused on my job, Danny was eyeing me suspiciously clearly aware that the phone call hadn’t gone the way that I wanted it too. I didn’t want to talk about it though, he already had his reservations about Tony and I didn’t want to prove him right. Tony hadn’t done anything to warrant Danny’s feelings toward him, he only whined because I wasn’t around much.

I went home after my shift and pulled a bottle of Peroni from the fridge and downed half of it in one go. The cold sting as the beer hit my teeth and mouth soothed my mood and I finished pulling another out as I put the empty in the bin.

I didn’t feel like sitting around and wallowing in self-pity so I showered and changed, then forced Danny to come to a bar with me for a few drinks and some food. When we walked into the bar I reeled back as I saw Tony with a very handsome stranger, this must be Hugo.

I looked over without bringing attention to myself taking in Hugo’s appearance, he looked tall and slim with messy brown hair and green eyes. He was wearing what looked to be a very expensive suit and shirt with the top few buttons open to reveal a tuft of fine hair.

He looked like a model and he looked rich, powerful almost. A regular Mr Big. The first thought that came into my mind was ‘SHIT’ I can’t compete with someone like that. Tony wasn’t superficial, he wouldn’t date him just for the money but he was struggling and the comfort that Hugo would provide for him could be what he is looking for.

I looked to Danny panic on my face and I left the bar quickly, if Tony saw me he would think I was following him and I didn’t want that. Danny came out after me asking me what the hell I was doing and I told him to come with me. We went back to my house to drink and I explained the whole situation. Was I looking too far into this? I mean I had pretty much planned Tony’s life with Hugo and this was the first night they had gone out.

If Tony wasn’t looking around though why hadn’t he asked me to make it official? Why was he waiting for me to ask or was he just with me until something better came along? Too many questions were spilling from my mouth and I could see Danny getting more and more annoyed with me.

I flinched when he punched me on the arm and told me to calm the fuck down. Tony loved me and that anyone could see it, then why couldn’t I? He told me to trust him, he said it was just drinks and that’s all it would be tomorrow Tony would come round and I can make it official just like I planned to. I took a deep breath and nodded my agreement to him, he pulled a few beers from the fridge and handed one to me.