Chapter 29

Together is a
beautiful place to be.

- Unknow.

The hall was decorated with flowers and lights everywhere. The happiness and joy were visible in the places as women gushed about how pretty the bride and groom would look, men talked about business and kids playing around. The music in the background confirmed that the bride was on her way and once again silence took the place.

Anika came there as she gracefully made her way through the stairs in her red lehenga with her hair flowing till her waist. She has touched her face with makeup and for the effort, she looked even more attractive that I felt like my hands will have a tough job keeping them to myself. She lifted her chocolate brown eyes and met mine. For a moment it was only her and I in the world and the rest of them have disappeared into the air. She blushed deep red before whispering into the ears of the wedding girl.

I was genuinely happy for Tia. Today was marked as her wedding day where she and Robin will be declared as wife and husband to share their happiness and sadness together for the rest of the life. I was glad that I met Anika because if it wouldn't​ have been her then I would be stuck in a marriage with the girl who was not interested in me.

When I heard that she was playing with me and was engaged to me for the sake of her parents I was shocked and angry. If anything I didn't like the people who betrayed their close ones. I have never felt physical attraction towards her other than friendly gestures and I thought after marriage everything will work out. I realized that she was helpless and she didn't have an option. We talked together and ended things in good terms.

It was surprising that out of all people she chose Robin, the one and only brother of Rohit; ex-fiance of Anika. But Anika made me realize just because his brother is a jerk and a player, I didn't have the right to judge him too. And like always she was right, he was so humble and kind. His relationship with Tia had a lot of bumps and thrones but despite everything, they are going to be one soul today.

"Please keep your eyes down for a moment bhaiya, I'm scared that Anika di will burn from your gaze," Rudra said and I groaned. He wouldn't even let me peacefully check out Anika. If anything the next mission was to get a girl for him. But it was obvious there was chemistry between him and the chubby girl, Soumya.

They have started hanging out together and also have exchanged numbers with each other. The whole college as Priyanka mentioned is gossiping about them being a couple. I just hope they confront their feelings as soon as possible.

"Shivaye, It's a pleasure to meet you again," Mr.Patol said with a warm smile on his face. He was a client that I worked months ago but we both had a good time together. He was in his early fifties but still perfectly healthy.

"It's nice to you meet you too, never expected to bump you here out of all place," I said as I shook his large hand. He smiled and patted my back.

"I worked with Robin in a project and that's how I'm invited here." He said and shoved his hands into the pocket of his pant. "How are you?"