Chapter 22

Love is a bond
that death cannot part.
Gone from my arms,
but still held in my heart.

- John Mark Green.

Author's Note

hey everyone, the chapters from twenty to thirty aren't edited and you might come across mistakes. I realized it is better to edit them in my free time than deprive of you the end. happy reading ❤️

It has been a week since everything happened

It has been a week since everything happened. Something that I can't still register in my mind. I was greeted by deathly silence when I entered Bansal mansion. It looked empty and like a void. I took a deep breath and ran my hand through my hair.

I have seen deaths before. I know how much it can affect the loved ones. When my grandfather died I was there and I had seen it all. That would be the first time I cried like a little child but I had my family, brothers to comfort me and in an unknown way, we all gave strength to each other. What I did to escape from it was to work more and be away from home. I joined the gym class in school, engaged myself in long dreadful hours of studies until the security came and told me that school is going to be closed. My life moved on that way and somewhere I also moved on from his death.

 My life moved on that way and somewhere I also moved on from his death

The memory of that day still pained me. I was wrapping my meeting when my phone ringed. It was Anika and when I attended it the only thing I could hear was her shaky breathing.

"Anika, what happened?" I asked with concern filled voice and I was worried.

Silence

Silence

Silence

"Dad...not...moving...come..." She sobbed and I quickly hung the phone assuring her I will be there and everything is alright.

In the next hour, I was there and they all were in the City hospital. I drove there as quickly as possible imagining the worse.

"Excuse me, can I know if a patient named Madhav Bansal is here. He may have reached here an hour ago. Please?" I asked the lady at the reception desk and she went through the register.