Chapter 18

"You found parts of me I didn't know existed and in you I found a love I no longer believed was real."

- Unknown.

The sky sprinkled with stars, the rhythmic waves of the sea, the sand between the toes, the cool breeze and him

The sky sprinkled with stars, the rhythmic waves of the sea, the sand between the toes, the cool breeze and him. Anika smiled, she couldn't be happier, standing next to Shivaye, when the twilight faded into blackness.

She was surprised when the car ride came to an end at the beach, her favorite place after her home, in her dad's arms. She had thought they were going to an elegant and expensive restaurant for dinner because the high heels, the beautiful silvery dress, and the makeup never match up with a beach vibe. But it was Shivaye, the man full of surprises.

Since the day he entered her life, he was always a part of her. He made her happy and he was the best gift her heart has ever know. Because of Shivaye, she met many amazing people like Om, Rudra, Priyanka, Dadi, Mallika, and Siddarth. Shivaye was always there for her, understood her, cared for her and loved her like a friend. He is the reason why she smiled more often now and he was important to her.

Anika realized that her like for him turned to another feeling that she wanted him more than a just friend. She wanted him to be with her forever. She wanted him to be permanent in her life and she wanted him to be hers, to call him 'my man'.

She was in love.

She was in love with him.

She was in love with Shivaye.

She was in love with Shivaye Freaking Singh Oberoi.

A part of her wanted to tell him the three magical words but another part of her was scared of thinking what if she lost him, what if he only considered her as a friend, what if he goes away from her which was something that she can never ever think about - a future without him.

Anika looked at him who was looking at the sea but she knew his mind was somewhere, he was thinking about something. And she wished it was about them, Shivaye and Anika.

It seemed like forever until Shivaye glanced at her, she took his breath away and he couldn't help but steal glances at her. Anika has ditched her heels now and shivaye took off his shoes too, walking on the golden sand barefoot now.

He knew Anika was a look-at-the-star person, she didn't need the luxury to be happy and he decided that the beach was the best place. When he first saw her, descending the stairs like a princess, the word 'beautiful' had slipped out of his lips momentarily and he knew, the next time he was going to meet his best friends, they were going to tease him to the end.

He wanted her to be his.

He wanted her to be his woman.

He wanted her to be his first and last love.