Chapter 3

"One couldn't count the moons that shimmer on her roofs or the thousands splendid suns that hide behind her walls."

- Khalid Hosseini,
A Thousand Splendid Suns.

The place turned out to be worse than I had imagined

The place turned out to be worse than I had imagined. Every kind of people was crowded in the station. Most of them were sleeping on the floor, people who didn't have an identity of themselves. I quickly covered nose with the handkerchief to block the bad smell and the dust in the air. It looked like it has never been cleaned in a million years. I stepped into the train which will be here for another fifteen minutes.

I just had to reach here early too, old habits die hard.

Just when I thought I can have my peace of mind, the rush and noise were back again. A few people were trying to find their seat, two women arguing over the seat, a little child crying and vendors trying to sell their cheap goods. I scrunched my nose when I thought how many people had sat here before. Taking the handkerchief, I laid it on the seat and took my seat again this time with a little relief.

I glanced at my watch hoping the train will leave now but it took a few more minutes before it moved slowly. It was terrible and I am not going to travel on a train ever in my life. I checked my phone to see there was a missed call from my assistant. What is wrong now?

"Good afternoon, sir." He picked up on the first ring and greeted like an obedient employee. He has been working for me since I entered the business world. He was a perfect assistant who did everything at the right time.

"Yes, tell me why did you call?" I asked gritting my teeth.

"I called you to ask if you are fine and doing well," He genuinely asked and I knew he saw me more than an arrogant boss but I always drew a line between in business. No one can be trusted in this world.

"Who are you, my mother?" I snarled.

"Sorry sir, your mother asked me to," He apologized and I felt bad for my behavior. But he knew better than to listen to my mom and call me when I was obviously not in a good mood.

"Um, okay. Tell her I am doing fine. Make the arrangements for me in advance and I don't want to wait," I said.

"Everything is arranged sir," He promised.

"Call me later if there is an important message, bye." I hung up and closed my eyes hoping to at least sleep but no, these people can even steal my belongings.

I scrolled through my mailbox and replied to some important emails. Just when I was messaging, my personal phone rang again in my pocket. The caller ID showed the name of my girlfriend.

"Hello, Shivaye baby," She purred and I clenched my fist in irritation. No matter how many times I have asked her to stop calling that stupid nickname, she considered it as romantic.

"What?"

"Shivaye, I am so sorry for you. I heard you have to travel on the train which is so awful. I wish I could do something to help you but I have an appointment at the spa and have to go for a dress shopping. You know I don't have anything to wear. I -"

That is the thing about Tia. She never cared about what the other person felt hearing her ramble about her day or in my case, how bored and tempted I am to break up with her. But she was the only daughter of Kapoor and the major of our companies will bring profit. This relationship was a deal to me but it was weird that Tia loves someone like me. I was not her type, her ex-boyfriends were tall, athletic and who never wanted to follow in their family's chosen path.

"I am busy, bye."

"Okay, baby, call me when you reach and I love you," She hung up and I was already tired of her sickly sweet voice, the girl was crazy.

I sighed, pressed my head to the wall hoping I will not have to talk to anyone again but little did I know that the day wasn't going to be easy.

Someone tapped on my shoulder as I tried to keep my eyes closed but that person wouldn't let me. I opened my eyes to see an old man who wore worn-out and dusty clothes. He has a tray filled with local foods and I swatted his arm away from my shoulder.

"What do you want for lunch, son?" He asked and what does he think of himself to call me son.

"What the hell, it is unhygienic food. Get lost," I snapped and turned away.

"This is very good, sir. My wife made it with her own hands," He tried again but I don't care who made it but his appearance confirm that it wasn't neither from a good place nor with good hands.

"But sir -" His eyes were teary-eyed but my heart wasn't soft, it was made of metal. There was no kindness in me.

I glared at him "See yourself, dirty fellow. Who will buy something from you?" I can build a restaurant here, mind that. Just get lost."

I have never been good at control my anger and Rudra mentioned once that I looked like a beast. I have short temper and I destroy things when I am pissed off. I clenched my fist waiting for the old man to go away but he was weeping silently making me see red.

"Apologize to the man right now," It wasn't a question but a statement. But it wasn't the voice of the man standing in front but a feminine, sweet and angelic voice.

"Why would I?" I asked irritated not even glancing to see who it was.

"Because you insulted him," She said but this time, her tone wasn't sweet.

"Shivaye Singh Oberoi doesn't apologize to anyone," I smirked facing the window.

I heard her snort but she replied "I don't care who the hell you are,"

There was a not a history of me apologize to someone. It had always been the other way, yet she thinks she can make me.

I heard her sigh but then I heard her voice again. "Real man accept their mistake and apologize. The world doesn't revolve around you and in a second, everything can be changed upside down."

And that is when I noticed her.

Thank you so much for all the love and support

Thank you so much for all the love and support. Keep reading and showering your love. As always, don't forget to vote, comment and share. Much love ♥