Chapter 1

"You will be never able to escape from your heart. So it is better to listen to what it has to say."

- Paulo Coelho, Alchemist

They say, money can't buy happiness, but the only thing which makes me feel better and happy is the power that money gave me

They say, money can't buy happiness, but the only thing which makes me feel better and happy is the power that money gave me. This is not old years where families spend time together, the chase for true love, wish for their dreams to come true but the only thing people cares about is how much is there in your pockets and how known you are in the world. A sad thing but it is the bitter reality. 

"Sir, you have a call from Mr.Bansal Madhav. May I connect it with you?" I nodded at my secretary and the glint of hope was back to me again.

When I finished the call, I had a smile on my face. It was not easy to make a deal with him. He was not a person who made business looking at their success but if they had potential. He was known for his success and kindness. 

"Thank you, Mr.Bansal. I will be there at sharp six in the evening and we can briefly talk about the deal. It is my pleasure," I ended the call and glanced at my watch to see that it was already noon. I left the office with the important documents in my hand. 

 The girl at the reception straightened when saw me and greeted just how she did in the morning. "Good afternoon, sir." I nodded at her and others making way to where my black Lamborghini was parked with Khanna, my personal assistant following behind.

I was about to get in when I heard someone's panting breath and rushed footsteps on the tiled floor. I titled my head to get a good view and recognized him as the new boy I appointed yesterday. I shook my head when I saw his appearance, a large shirt with coffee stain and khaki pants. He turned with a flushed face when he realized my eyes were on him. "I'm sorry, sir. I'm late because - " He tried to explain but I waved my hand and said the words that made his face even redder 'You are fired.' 

Time was important. He should make himself known about Shivaye Singh Oberoi and that he doesn't give a shit about his employers. I was paying them and if they don't do the work, then it's done then and there. I got into the car and soon the Oberoi Mansion came into the view when the car pulled up in the parking lot. 

"Khanna, arrange the chopper for the evening. I have a meeting with Mr.Bansal at Delhi," I ordered stepping out of the car. 

I was greeted by mom at the door and she ruffled my hair like I'm a little child. I frowned looking at her but she slapped my arm saying "You are at home, so here you are, my son, and not a businessman." She muttered as she went off to the kitchen. Well, that is something that I hear every day.

I entered the living room to see dad and bade papa in a heated conversation as the reporter in the news channel said something. They stopped when they saw me and greeted before going back to the talk. I would have joined but I was a little tired so I decided that I will give some attention to the poor reporter guy. 

"It is reporting that the weather in Delhi is not good and there is a chance for a storm. All the planes are stopped which are headed to Delhi..." He ranted on about the weather. 

 "Oh my god, you are not going today," Mom said to me with a tray in her hands. Wrong time to watch the TV. 

"I am going, mom. There is no change in my plans and also it's always the opposite of what they blabber happens in reality," I reasoned as I took my espresso cup in my hands and took a sip.

"Actually, we were talking about it and the issue seems true. I'm afraid that you can't travel in the chopper today," Dad confirmed and Bade papa nodded his head agreeing. A few years back they were not the best brothers but now they are. 

"I don't care," I said as I got up, ready to leave the elders in the room. 

"No Shivaye, you are not going and that's final. You may not care about yourself but we do. We love you and what if something wrong happens? It's all in the hands of God. I'm not letting you go Shivaye," She narrowed her eyes at me being stubborn and that's Mrs.Pinky Singh Oberoi for you. 

"Your mom is right, boy," Bade papa said and I had to check thrice to confirm the owner of the voice was really him. 

"Have you all gone mad? You know how much we worked to get this deal and now when finally it's in our hand we have to give up because of some stupid weather," I yelled at them gripping the door handle. 

"Who said we are giving up on the deal. You, me and your dad knows this deal is important so, no we never thought of that route. The solution is to take a train to Delhi because we only have a few hours so the car is not an option." Bade papa explained and dad sighed. 

Train?

"Seriously, are you joking?" I asked but both gave a disapproval look and explained the situation until I was convinced that it is the only way. 

I walked into my room before checking Priyanka's room. Just like every teenager's room, hers was also a mess but she was cleaning now. She lifted her eyes to meet mine and wished me before going back to make her room look better.  

"You ready, brother?" Rudra peeked his head through the door while I was pacing in my room with the third cup of coffee in my hand. The thought of traveling in train still stuck in my mind leaving me uncomfortable. 

"Ready as ever," I said dripping with sarcasm. He rolled his eyes and pushed the door open. The boy was still in the shirt he wore yesterday for the party. 

"Get off my bed, Rudra.You sting," I said but he didn't make any effort to leave. Finally, I pulled him by his hand and he fell to the floor. 

Perfect time for the long hair creature of a brother to show up. Om burst into fits of laughter and I joined him soon seeing Rudra's crybaby face. "I hate you both, god I have the worst brothers." He scoffed and stood up. 

"No, we know we are the best and you love us," Om said and slung his arm around him. Rudra elbowed him in the stomach and he flinched in pain but laughter followed after it. 

"Come on, I'm your driver to the station. We don't want to be late now." Om said untangling himself from us and I groaned. 

I shoved some clothes in my suitcase and saw that I only had half an hour to reach the place. After bidding goodbye, I was in the car again. I was going to meet Mr.Madhav Bansal who is the owner of the largest company Bansal group and is one of best businessman in India. For the sake of the deal, I will deal with the crowd, noise, and everything. 

"I hope you at least meet some killer girls there, bro. And if they ask for your number then feel free to give mine instead." Rudra piped in and I hit his arm. 

Soon the car roared to life and soon we were on the road. I sighed waiting for the long day ahead of me when I saw the crowded with all kinds of people and uninviting railway station.

Thank you so much for reading. Don't forget to vote, comment and share the story. Much love to each one of you