Chapter 24

let it hurt,
then let it go.

- r.h.Sin

Today was the day Anika was coming to Oberoi Mansion

Today was the day Anika was coming to Oberoi Mansion. I was the one who was supposed to pick but there was a meeting where my presence was needed. Wrapping the meeting with a heart of joy, I shut my cabin and took the elevator to downstairs.

I was about to pass through the door when I heard "Mr.Oberio, please stop." And then the person who owned the voice appeared. A short girl who had her hair tied in a ponytail.

She looked exhausted and yawned stretching her arms. "Oops, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do that in front of you, sir. It's that I'm tired and I have been waiting for you from early morning till now. But that caked up girl - your reception girl won't allow me." She scowled and I checked my time, Anika had already reached with Sahil.

I was confused about whether I was making the right choice by asking her to move with us. I didn't want to keep her away from her home where her father's memories were alive but if I don't then I will lose her soon. It's a habit now for her to wake up in the middle of a night from a nightmare and also she kept herself in the room. When I asked her to, I was met with silence but she agreed when I insisted and promised her that we will go back.

"Sir, you there? I think you spaced out." The girl commented and she was getting on my nerves right now but Anika taught me to control my temper and overall Anika helped me to become a better person.

"Yeah, what's your problem?" I asked and then added, "Why did you come here in the first place?"

"Okay, okay! Yes Saumya, you can do this. You can and you will." She muttered to herself and ran a hand over her face and then took a deep breath and like a click, a large smile spread on her face.

"I'm Saumya Mehra, a writer, and anchor in the Aura Women's magazine. I'm sure you have heard about it because it is the best." She introduced.

"Never," I said but still, the smile didn't fall from her face.

"This month we are writing on the topic about Women's equality and men's ego. You know society's mindset etc. I want to interview the women in your family. It is interesting and we would be really happy if you approve of us. It's going to be a hit when rich also join and lets see whether the society is treating them right." She finished and looked with hopeful eyes.

"Never," I said again and started for the door.

"You can't just ruin my first project like that! This is my future and please, please? Pretty please with a cherry on top?" She pleaded and I groaned.

"Why can't it be any other family's women?" I asked.

"So it's a yes?"

"I mean-"