Chapter 9

"I don't want smooth sailing;
I want a rainstorm.

'Ordinary' is something
We should all
Be running from.

_ s.r.w

"Can you please drive fast? I have a flight to catch

"Can you please drive fast? I have a flight to catch." I impatiently drummed my fingers on the dashboard, glancing at my watch to see that I have an hour to do in my hands.

"Sir, the traffic is hectic. We are stuck here for a good twenty minutes." The driver sighed, looking at the vehicles lined in front of us.

There was no way that I could reach in time. I tapped my foot lightly, creating a rhythm as an old song played in the radio. The driver was an old man, greyish haired and bearded.

"Have you been to Delhi before, sir?" He asked, his eyes on the sidewalk.

"Yeah, for business," I answered, following his gaze.

There was a small girl, hugging her knees to herself as three boys tried to have her attention. They were street children, their appearance confirmed it. A boy was pacing around, his fingers laced together as he murmured something continuously. A younger one was trying to cheer her up, making joker's faces and the other was silently whispering something to her.

They looked sad and I hated it.

They were weak, coward, poor and everything that I was not. They were homeless, sitting on the sidewalk to gain the sympathy of others. They were broken, revealing their scars to others instead of healing it, hiding it from the prying eyes of society and taking it as a challenge and start working, anything, just anything.

The hearts of everyone is blind, they break them more and skin you alive with their piercing words. There is no one to guide them in this cruel world. There is no one to tell them what is wrong and right. They don't know that it is wrong to show their vulnerability to others, they will make use of it and stab you in the back.

I looked away, my fist clenched.

But my eyes went back to them again and my heart sank when I saw silver droplets staining the girl's cheeks. It reminded me of my cousins. I can never imagine her as Priyanka and the boys as Rudra and Omkara. I will never forgive myself if they ever went to bed with an empty stomach.

I sighed, "How many more minutes?"

"Nearly ten."

"I will be right back-" I unlocked the door.

"But sir -"