Chapter Eleven

〰〰➰〰〰

JUST BY seeing his fist coming, contacting on my skin, makes me want to cry for mercy, but I can't because I'm too weak and tired to even let out a single tear.

Lily sits there with those widen eyes which is now contain tears, screaming for help. She's yelling to stop, but it is as if her voice becomes inaudible for me to hear.

After he have seen us in the woods, he immediately grabbed me on my hair and gripped on Lily's arm. We only found out that he was about to bring us toward the abandoned basement nearby the forest when he dragged us down and was going to beat her up, but I begged him not to touch and damage her.

He grabs a fistful of my hair, turning my gaze at him. "You really think, I am out for work, huh?"

His eyes... it is holding danger and secrets that it becomes red.

I cough out some blood. "H-H-How?"

A smirk plays on his lips, but the anger in his stare never disappeared. "I've seen you taking the picture in my hand that night. I never expected you to become this fool to ever eat the bait, Helena."

"Who's that c-c-corpse, dad? Why is it there?"

His eyes darken, and I only earn another squeeze from his grip through my hair. "Why do you keep on asking, huh? You're supposed to be a good girl, not a blabbering little bitch."

I gulp and try to lessen the pain in my scalp by holding his hand. The only thing that registers in my head are the earrings I saw with my own eyes. Those earrings...

A woman smiles at me while holding a hairbrush, combing my hair like I'm a precious gold. She's being too careful not to hurt a fragile girl like me...

The beam on her face can be the same replica of the rising sun, lightening some dark lives. Her hair flies along with the air as something shines on her earlobe.

"Freya... My beautiful Freya..."

Why my dad's face becomes blurry right now? My throat hurts, and the urges to cry escape out of my eyes as I remember about those earrings.

It was from my mom's ears.

My body didn't complains from the bruises, but my feelings did and want to come out of my chest. It is too unbearable for me, and I hate being too weak just like this.

He violently removes his hand off of me and stands up, walking toward the workbench. "Helena, I—"

"That's my mother's name, n-not mine."

I can see through my vision that he stiffens and turns to me with straight line lips. "What did you just say?" he asks, sending chills to run down my spine.

That's when he breaks the silence by laughing while holding his stomach, looking straight at me. "Are you kidding yourself, darling? You are my Helena!"

My eyes stab his pupils. "I said, I am not my mom. I am Freya... The c-c-child of sin."

His laughs stop, and replaces it into a scary frown. "I already killed that girl, Helena." He strides toward me then crouch down on my level. "Are you still hoping that Freya's still alive?"

I can tell, from the way his teeth gritted, he is already angry at what I said, but I will never take it back.

A scoff emits out of my bruised lips. "I a-a-am that girl, and mom's the one who's dead, all because of you."

He screams on my face and grabs my jaw so tight. "Stop lying to me already! Why do you keep on lying?! Why?! Why?!"

With a determine look, I answer, "You're the one who k-keeps on believing everything, to the point that you are already l-l-lying to yourself."

His other hand raises up and collides on my cheek, making me fall down on the dirty floor.

I feel my hair being grabbed, then he turns me to his flaring eyes. "I shot your daughter right in front of you that night, so why do you keep on telling me this?! I-I-I loved you and this is the way you'll repay my kindness?! I cared for your daughter for almost ten years, not knowing that I am feeding the child that was never been mine!"

My eyes dart to his and see the forming tears inside of it.

He let out an obnoxious sob and wipes the tears using the back of his hand. "You lied to me... All these fucking years, Helena, ten fucking years. When Freya came into this world, I am the happiest man who had ever existed. That she was the proof that the doctors were wrong when they diagnosed me as a barren." The spark in his eyes die and is replace with hatred. "I took good care of the girl that wasn't even mine. So, she deserves to die!"

He's chuckling in a sinister way but stops and falls down onto me, making me look up. Luis is standing there with a rock coated with blood in his palm, breathing heavily.

He removes my dad off of me and helps me to get up from the floor. Dad is lying there – face first – with blood all over his head, which means, he's already dead.

I turn to him and give him a hug then stride toward Lily, removing the ropes around her.

"Y-Your name is Freya?" she asks at me when we stand up.

I nod. "Yeah. Now, I k-k-know who I really am. It all makes s-sense to me."

We all give each other a smile, knowing that all the miseries are finally over...

〰〰➰〰〰

Vote and comment if you liked the chapter I made!

-Faller❤