Chapter Four

〰〰➰〰〰

DAD THROWS me on the ground here in the living room, making my back to hurt a lot because of the sudden impact.

He pounds on top of me then pins my wrists on each side of my head. "Are you disobeying me again, Helena?"

My heart begins to run back and forth as I pinpoint my enlarge eyes at him. "N-No, dad. I don't e-e-even know him."

He scrunches his brow together while his hold on my wrists tighten. "Don't make me fool. I saw you with my own eyes, you were flirting at him."

A tear escapes out of my eye as I whimper in both fear and pain. "B-B-Believe me, I a-a-a-am telling you the tru-"

A fist connects onto my lips, causing me to cover it with my free hand. I literally scream because of the heavy feeling on it and can already taste the coppery flavor invading my mouth.

He grabs my hand and places it aside to look at the damage he caused. I refuse to give him a glance so I keep my eyes close while whimpering.

"Look at me, Helena."

I sniff as another river of tears form in my eyes. "S-S-Stop hurting me-me, ple-

"I said, fucking look at me!"

He removes his hand from my wrists again and that's when I feel a generous amount of pain on my stomach. I curl into a ball as I hold it while screaming out loud.

I open my eyes and feel that my head is lifting up by my hair, which makes me yelp like a scared puppy. When I meet my father's darken eyes, I suddenly admit that he looks like a demonic creature. He is not the father that I loved when I was a kid, because he is more far from that right now.

With his other hand, he grips my jaw in a tight way. "Next time you disobey, this is not what you will get from me again, Helena. It will be the worse for you, so mark my words."

"Y-Y-Yes, dad."

He violently shakes me by my hair, making a whimper to escape out of my hurting lips. "Don't call me daddy!"

"O-Okay! Okay!"

I can see through my blur vision that smirk I loathed the most. He throws my head as it lands on the floor, but not enough to make me unconscious. His finger travels from my face to the top button of my dress. Slowly, he unclasps them and leaves me only with my bra, then leans in to the crook of my neck, kissing and smelling me.

"I need you, my Helena."

***

"HELENA, WAIT! What's wrong?!"

With my long stride, I hide my bruised wrists using my sleeves and push everyone that's blocking my way. Today, I've been so distant to Luis and I can't blame him from questioning me about my behavior.

I spot the library and then enter to avoid him. This is the least I can do to not just help myself, but him of course. He is the only person who had ever rescued me, and the one who never sees my speech disorder. That's why I don't want him to have a miserable life because of me, so I'll avoid him if this is the only way.

I turn to a corner and sit down on the wooden ground, leaning at the bookshelf with a sigh emitting out of my lips. I hug my things and scrunch my knees nearer to me, looking on my books.

My throat hurts when I remember about the dark event that happened last night. The nightmare kept on haunting me in both my dreams and reality, drowning me in pure misery.

Thus, committing suicide did come in my mind but the other half of it keeps reminding me that life still goes on! Losing hope somehow knocks on my system, and I think I'm going right there slowly.

I sniff and wipe my already wet cheeks.

"Found you."

My eyes widen making me look up and see Luis standing in front of me as he stares at me like I'm some lost puppy in the streets.

"I t-t-told you already, l-l-l-leave me alone, Luis." I stand up with my books in my arms, and step my foot.

But he stops me by blocking my way, then pushes me against the bookshelf in a gentle way. I am in utter shock when he leans in, staring at my frightened eyes.

"Never push me away, Helena." His eyes . . . it holds so many emotions that I can't seem to read. They're different than the other day, and they are devoid of any feelings.

That makes me bite my lip in a nervous manner, not removing my pupils off of him. "O-O-Okay, just give me s-some space, Luis."

He blinks a few times then nods which makes me sigh in relief. "You're free to tell your problems with me, Helena. Don't be shy, I'll protect you from your father."

With that, he pulls away and walks out of the library, leaving me in a dumbfounded state.

I stare on the ground with a jumble mind inside my brain, squeezing it to confuse me more.

He'll protect me from my dad? As if he really knows that my father has been abusing me.

When I got home that day, I am surprise that it is dark inside. I search for the switch and open it, lightening the whole space. It is as usual, no life and boring house that contains nothing but furniture.

After I brought my things inside our bedroom and washed my face that contained concealer to cover the bruised side of my lips I start to find food in the refrigerator and see some ingredients for spaghetti.

〰〰➰〰〰

Vote and comment if you liked the chapter, my lovely readers.😘

~Faller❤