Chapater Forty Six

Start from the beginning

"Aw, I think you did a perfect job. And I know what we can do for those walls to make it even more childish"

"Alright, You can have a nap and food then we can start today"

"Okay. Then everyone is coming over tonight right?" He asked hopefully and I nodded steering him back towards the bedroom.
"But you need a nap first." I pushed back the covers and he reluctantly climbed underneath.

"Hey Ric, Do you think..We should get married after the babies get here?"

"Well.. Considering your weak physical state I would say its best if we do" I sighed resting my hand on his knee. My phone rang in my pocket breaking us from the small moment.

"Yeah what's up?" I held the phone up to my ear turning away from him

"We have a problem." My fathers voice filtered throught he phone sounding like he was running.

"What is it?" I stood up to keep out of Sammy's earshot to avoid frightening him.

"There's a massive influx of hunters following Victor heading into our territory and they're coming for us, We had to leave the house to avoid it being detected in hope that we may be able to go back if it dies down.

"Our house is protected by the veil, can't you guys come our way?"

"They have veil detectant devices and if they get close enough they will find us, the hospital is safe but we are in the crossfire." I heard Estelle's quiet whimper in the background and I felt my chest tighten.

"What do we do?"

"I've contacted the Hybrids, if you remember Alphonse, the twins and Tyler. We had reached an alliance after our last mishap and they've offered to give us sanctuary and to help fight" Dad sounded haggard and beyond stressed out.

"Right, meet us by the lake and we'll join up" I nodded pressing the end call and stuffing it back into the pocket "Sorry Sammy we have to go" I ordered pulling him up out of the bed.

"Somethings happening isn't it?"

"Your dads pissed and he's got a massive amount of hunters coming for all of us. We need to leave so they don't find this place." I pulled his jacket on for him and ushered him down the stairs.

"How-how can he do this to us?" He whimpered visibly upset by his own father's betrayal.

"Because he's a sick bastard and doesn't deserve to live." I snarled throwing open the back door and closing it behind us.

"It is pretty, once again our happiness is shortlived" He sniffed struggling down the deck stairs into the thick grass below, the water was lapping at the stone shoreline and I so wished we could of enjoyed it.

"I know my love, it's been centuries since we've been treated like this" I ground my teeth together taking most of his way as I walked briskly through the tall grass.

"All because of me?"

"No. Don't say that Sammy, he's just a sickminded freak" I hugged him tighter

"Sickminded freak Am I?"

I gulped when I felt the cold press of a barrel against Samandriel's shoulderblades just under my hand.

"The only freaks are you mongrels, why would you join them Sammy?"

"Don't call me that. You have no right to call me that anymore" He sneered baring his fangs protectively.

"What? Replaced me with that mutt and his faggot husband?"

"You shut your fucking mouth!" I snapped rearing around ready to tear his face off.