Chalter Forty Four

Start from the beginning

"Time to get up Sammy or you'll get a crook neck" Hayley gently poked my shoulder and I twitched rubbing my eyes roughly.
"Sorry, I'm up" I stiffled a yawn carefully lowering myself out of the damn high vehicle.

"Now into the wheelchair" She ordered and I knew that any protests would land me in hot water.

"How is Cedric?"

"He's severely malnourished and the wolfsbane has burned his skin, mild pneumonia, lots of bruising and lacerations but nothing that won't heal" Hayley pushed me through the doors of the hospital quickly before the receptionist girls started to swarm.
"What room is Gus in? And what are his injuries?"

"He's next door and he sustained a deep slash wound to his lower abdomen with a wolfsbane dagger but we're working to detoxify the blood" Hayley stopped us in front of one of the ICU rooms "Now lemme warn you it looks worse than it is"

"Okay" I nodded uncertainly earning a gentle squeeze on my shoulder as Hayley clicked open the door and continued pushing me inside. I barely contained the gasp that came out of my mouth at the sight of him.

He had red angry burns wrapped around his arms and neck and presumably everywhere else, his face was almost black with bruises and his body was boney almost void of his muscle even his hair was longer than I had ever seen it.

"I'll leave you two alone for a little bit" Hayley ushered Charlie and Claude out of the room and closed the door.

"Oh Cedric, I can't believe I had thought you abandoned me. I'm so sorry" I reached out to thread our fingers together "To think you went through all this to protect me" I felt the burning in my eyes and the tears starting to slip down my cheeks "I'm so selfish"

"Sammy.."

"Ric? Hey it's me, or us actually" I laughed through the tears clinging to his hand for dear life. He looked down at me through tired hooded eyes before smiling weakly.

"I've missed your face so much, I've felt your pain and agony for months" He brought my hand up to his lips "And I've had to sit there helplessly for seven months while you've suffered"

"I've had help" I bit my lip when I felt the hard kicking from both parties in my stomach at that moment "They've missed you Ric. I was barely two months in when you were taken"

He opened his eyes further and lifted his head "Oh Sammy, you've gotten so big. I've missed it" A pained look crossed his face and he looked like he was gonna cry.

"Hey. We can have as many babies as you want Cedric" I cooed trying to to make him feel less angry with himself "This is not your fault. Okay?

"Why are you in a wheelchair love?"

"I bent down to pick up Angie and my hip didn't agree with me, it's not that broken" I shrugged reaching up to run my fingers through his hair "But you're gonna have a half-sibling down the line as well"

"Claude's pregnant? Really?" His face lit up and I nodded patting his knee

"You're gonna be a dad and a brother. Double whammy"

"Wow. That's scary" He breathed looking up as Hayley poked her head into the room.

"How're you doing lovely?" She asked checking all the heart monitors and vitals.

"I'm..better, in pain but I'm happy that I'm out of here"

"That's good, we're renourishing you through IV then we'll start feeding you real food. But too much too soon will make you sick" Hayley sat down in the check next to me to take down the my own empty morphine bag.
"Can I stay here?" I asked hopefully