Chapter Forty One

Start from the beginning

Stella immediately threw herself out of the seat to help Charlie grab some bags from the trunk of the car.

"I brought some pillows and blankets to keep you comfy, then I think Stella has your sketchbook and camera. Angeles has ran off somewhere with your paints and pencils though" He chuckled opening the door and grabbed hold of my hands to pull me down from the passenger seat.

"I owe you one Charlie"

"No you don't baby bro, just do me a favour and get a little nap in" Charlie patting my head taking me by the arm and leading me down to the grassy meadow around the blue water.

"I'll try. But I ache too much" I leaned against the large oak tree while Charlie laid out a few pillows and blankets down in the long grass.

"This is what Cedric should of been doing" Charlie sighed hovering as I slowly lowered myself down into the plush cuccoon of pillows.
"I know..we can hold out a little bit of hope that he will come home"

"Mom is coming down soon too, she's worried about you" He sat down next to me laying back in the pillows.

"Yeah, I'm sure she is" I reached for my camera and switched it on, I was immediately assaulted by an image of Cedric and I standing in front of this very lake in the orange of the sunset probably a month after I had found out I was having twins and three days before he disappeared

"He wouldn't leave you on his own free will, you two looked so in love it gives me cavities" Charlie grinned leaning against my shoulder.

"You're so mean"

"It really astounds me how far we've come in..a year. holy crap I got married and had a kid in the space of a year." He laughed running his hand through his hair.

"I'm 18, pregnant with hybrid twins and having to live off blood because my vampire side is constantly ravenous and I actually get homicidal towards people"

"Not to mention we went from humans to hybrids. What I wanna know is why it didn't fix your brittle bones." Charlie grumbled fluffing the pillow behind his head.

"Because the twins are draining most of my supernatural energy leaving me with my shitty human energy" I leaned over to grab hold of my sketchbook and flipping it open.

"Look Daddy! Angie and I are in the water!" Estelle called from the edge of the water wading around in the little set of matching swimmers to her friend. I lifted the camera to take a picture of the two just as the sunlight glinted off the surface of the water.

"Now be careful! Make sure you don't lose the ball or Papa will be cross" Charlie watched as Estelle and Angeles tossed an inflatable ball to each other.

"They're adorable, who knew they would be such good friends" I picked up one of the graphite pencils and stared down at the page.

"Add your two to the mix, I do hope they didn't inherit the same mutations as Stella. Although, I see more of Will in her everyday and it makes me want to have more"

"Claude is pregnant" I stabbed at the page absently and Charlie's mouth fell open.

"Serious? After trying so long, that's so cute. We'll be running out of room soon" He smiled stiffling a yawn.

"God we live in a boarding house with from what I've heard from Claude has at least 12 bedrooms, we'll be fine." I scoffed still looking down at my page.

"Sorry, I'll leave you to draw then"

"I'm trying to visualise" I closed my eyes trying to imagine something that wasn't scenarios of how people could be treating Cedric at the moment, suddenly the meadow appeared before me and two small figures a boy and a girl were running among the tall blades of grass giggling as they chased after eachother.