Chapter Forty One

Start from the beginning

"Did he? What'd he say? Is Cedric alive?"

"Yeah. Barely, he's wrapped all up in wolfsbane chains in some dark room. They're trying to get our location out of him to wipe us out"
"Who Sammy? Maybe we could relay this to Gus" Charlie sat down next to me wrapping his hands over mine.

"Our father, and the hunters. But mostly him, wanting to murder me and my children along with you and everyone else."

"That-! If I get my hands on him, I swear to god. How dare he threaten the lives of his own family and my daughter, his grandchildren!" He growled gripping my hands tighter

"We need, to find him. Maybe mom knows, but if she did she would tell us." I sighed dropping my head in defeat.

"She needs to be told. I'll call her down to the river with us" Charlie looked up as the two girls filed back into the bedroom.

"We got you a shirt, a sweater and your pants" Stella grinned proudly sitting the stack of clothes onto the bed.

"Thank you, I won't be two seconds" I waited for Charlie to nudge them outside before changing my clothes hating to look at my horribly disgusting naked body.

"Right, lets go" I stumbled to my feet and hobbled towards the door.

"We're gonna drive down so we don't run the risk of you falling" Charlie hitched his bag up onto his shoulder and grabbed hold of my arm as we continued down the stairs

"Good to know sleeping beauty is awake, you've slept better in my bed in one night than you have in seven months" Claude chuckled from where he was feeding the other rugrats of the pack.

"Must be your mattress, hope I didn't keep you up"

"Nah, I didn't sleep much so I became a night watchman" He smirked slapping Felix upside his head for throwing food at Sora.

"Well, do get some sleep. We'll be back soon after we've taken Sammy out"

"Alright, I'll wrangle this lot for the time being" Claude waved as I was ushered out of the house.

"Where's Will?" I asked noticing the absence of one brooding father.

"He's got a migraine so I left him in bed with all the shades closed, he'll be fine" Charlie chuckled unlocking the doors to the SUV "Right, you'll obviously need help but don't worry" He opened the passenger door and hoisted me up into the seat.

"Thank you"

"You're worryingly light for someone carrying twins, We need to feed you more." Charlie closed the door to make sure the two younger girls were fastened properly.

"Well Uncle Ric should bring Uncle Sammy a boatload of cake back from his holiday then, he should be rubbing Uncle Sammy's ankles and putting ice on his boo boos" Estelle huffed crossing her arms. I laughed at how pure an innocent her little mind was.

"I'm sure he will Stellie, but he's stuck on holiday for now. The special plane he was using has broken down and he's still trying to get it fixed" Charlie smiled back at Estelle as he pulled out of the driveway.

"Will he get home before B1 and B2 get here?"

Charlie glanced over me reaching over to squeeze my knee softly "I do hope so"

"He'll try his best." I sank down in the seat wincing at the pain still resonating deep in my lower spine.

"Alrighty, some ground rules girls. Stay where we can see you, no jumping on Sammy. Do not talk to anyone, and if you go in the water don't go past your waist. And Sammy, stay put till I come get you" Charlie pulled the SUV to a stop and hopped out.