CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER THREE
Juliette

I was being told I was heavy and to lay off my drink by a complete stranger, outside in the smoking area of a night club no less. The audacity wasn't lost on me, but somehow seemed to be lost on the tall, dark, and annoyingly handsome guy in front of me. He looked at me like he had a bad taste in his mouth, probably because I'd just called him a jackass. Well, the hot blonde next to him had said it, I had just agreed.
The handsome golden angel continued to do the talking.
"I applaud you- sorry, I didn't catch your name?"
"It's Juliette, but my friends call me Jewel."
Tall, dark and handsome didn't take his blue eyes off me for a second, the same strict line painted on his lips.
"I applaud you Jewel," His companions overfamiliarity didn't feel like an issue, he had the kind of face you couldn't help but trust. "Not many women manage to avoid succumbing to the words of Elliot." Golden angel gave his brother a playful punch on his muscular upper arm, the contact creasing his navy-blue suit. Tall, Dark and Brooding just stared at him with a look that could kill.
"We'd better get inside Frankie." He eventually said.
He turned from me quickly and marched on like he was the king of the universe, the angelic Frankie lingered for a few more seconds then dished me an ear-splitting grin. "Catch you inside, Jewel."
And in a moment they were both gone as quickly as they had arrived. The brothers seemed like polar opposites, like light and dark. Frankie all playful with light surfer blonde hair and sexy stubble.
Then there was that Elliot, rude and full of himself. All muscles and dark hair and clean shaven. I'd figured they must have been lying about being related, the only thing in common that they seemed to share was their navy suites and the colour of their eyes. Crystal clear blue.
  I gave them a second to get ahead of me, and a second to collect myself after my almost tumble, before trailing in their wake back into the club.

A pulsing techno beat had the dance floor full again. I couldn't help myself from searching for the brothers as I pushed through the crowd towards the front.
They were ordering drinks at the bar, I ducked my head low and sank into the crowd as I got closer to them, my eyes fixed on Carol and Ashley who hadn't moved an inch from our table, still chatting away to Kevin who had bought another line of shots for us all.
Ashley spotted me first. "Jewel, what took you so long? We waited to do our shots until you got back." She handed me the shot and gave me a fake frown; I snatched the miniature from her hand and threw it back before any of the others had chance to pick up their own. My cheeks began to burn uncontrollably from the alcohol.
"Two hot guys." Was the only explanation I managed to give. My words failing me for the first time in a long time.
Carol's ears pricked up, her eyes darting to me so quick I was surprised it didn't give her whip lash. "Hot guys? What hot guys?"
Prudently turning my head so I could peer over my shoulder, I spied the brothers drinking bottles of beer at the bar and chatting animatedly with each other, "See those two in the blue suites, one with blond hair and the brown haired one next to him?"
Ashley and Carol nodded in unison. "I was just outside, and I lost my footing on the curb and the dark-haired guy caught me but was a dick about it. Then his brother, the blond haired one, was really nice and called him a Jackass." I continued to stare over my shoulder at Elliot and Frankie, and I could feel Carol and Ashley stare too, even Kevin had caught on and looked in their general direction, trying to figure out who we're talking about.
"My God," Carol's jaw swung open, she forgot herself and who she was with, gawking at them both, "If I was 10 years younger..."
Elliot was a few inches taller than Frankie, even when they were lulled against the bar, you could tell. They both stood taller than most of the other guys around them though. In fact, they both stuck out like sore thumbs. Both well-groomed and suited up to the nines, they looked like they belonged as guests at a wedding, not in a night club. Not even On The Rox. They were obviously the money types; no wonder Elliot was so rude. Rich boys loved to be rude. But that judgement was contradicted by Frankie, who had seemed like a decent enough guy.
As if he'd heard my thoughts, Frankie's eyes wondered as his brother talked at him. He fixed his gaze on me in the crowd and did a little wave, then waved at Carol and Ashley when he noticed them staring too.
We all whipped our heads back around and started to giggle, like teenage girls.
"He's soooo fit." Ashley was stating the obvious.
"Hey, you're engaged!" I teased, finally putting my heels back on before my feet started sticking to the floor with all the spilt alcohol.
"I know, but I can dream can't I!" Ashley let out a sigh, then gave herself a little shake to bring herself back to reality.
Carol remained quiet for the first time in her life, no doubt cautious on what she was able to say, still having Kevin clinging to her side.