Mills & Boons Series 1 : Indecent Proposal

Começar do início

Later, Pragya was working when Disha comes to her.

"Do you want to have coffee?" Disha asks her.

"Yeah, okay." Pragya replies smiling, she had been thinking of taking a break. She gets up and walks with Disha to the pantry as they talked. Disha was telling her about the latest office gossips. Pragya used to gossip about the office people before but now she stopped as she knew the biggest gossip of the office was that their boss was trying to get her to sleep with him.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!" everyone shouts as she enters the pantry and Pragya stops in shock seeing her co-workers and Abhishek standing around the table with a cake on the table. Pragya looks at Abhi furiously as she walked towards him.

"What? It is office tradition." Abhi replies defensively.

"But you never take part in it." Pragya furiously whispers to him.

"That is because you are special." Abhi replies not so quietly winking at her. Pragya turns completely red in embarrassment. "Do you have any idea how beautiful you look when you blush?"

Pragya turns to look at everyone and they were watching like hawks. "I am so close to quitting."

"Wow... you mean no more threat on sexual harassment in workplace law suit?" Abhi asks excitedly.

Pragya looks at him helplessly.

"I was just joking, Pragya. Cut the cake and I am here because I consider you a friend." Abhi tells her as he passes the knife to her.

"I am not your friend." Pragya says furiously as she snatched the knife from him.

"But I am your friend." Abhi tells her smiling genuinely at her.

Pragya looks at him helplessly. When he smiled at her like that, something in her melted. Sighing, Pragya turns around and cuts the cake. She takes a piece and turns to Disha, "Disha..." Pragya says as she offered the cake.

Disha's eyes quickly darts between Pragya and Abhi nervously and she says quickly, "You give Sir first. I'll take the second one."

"No... you have this." Pragya insists.

"No. Give him first." Disha insists. When Pragya looked adamant, she whispers, "I don't want to lose my job."

"He is not going to fire you." Pragya whispers to her.

"Really?" Abhi asks Pragya from behind.

Pragya turns to him in shock and Abhi gives her a challenging look. Sighing loudly Pragya shoves the cake into his mouth making him chuckle and everyone else gasp out loudly. He takes a piece and takes it near her mouth. Pragya looks away furiously. "I can see Disha is important to you." Abhi says.

"Pragya... please?" Disha begs from behind.

Pragya opens her mouth and Abhi feeds her. Then he looks behind Pragya at Disha and grins at her, "I owe you."

"WHAT?" Pragya whips around in shock as she looked at Disha who was looking at her guiltily.

"Did you really think I was going to fire her for this?" Abhi asks her chuckling and then he walks off.

"He made me do that. He is my boss." Disha tells Pragya in panic.

Pragya sighs and looks away from Disha and sees everyone watching her. Some amused, some disgusted, some angry and a few in jealousy.

"Thanks everyone for this." Pragya tells everyone uncomfortably. "I am just gonna go."

"May I come in?" Pragya furiously asks him.