The Ex

Hello everyone...

How are you all?

I thought of writing a small (long) drabble. Hope you guys will like it.

Thanks to all for voting and commenting on the previous story. Previous Story : Professor Student Series 3 - Ban Gayi Woh Humsafar (posted on 06- Nov - 2022)

Abhishek sits down, thanking the waiter.

"Sir..." the waiter hands him the menu with a polite smile.

"I'm waiting for someone." Abhishek tells him as he took the menu.

"Sure sir, anytime you are ready." The waiter says and leaves.

Abhishek flips through the menu for a second then he leaves it on the table and curiously looks around the restaurant.

The restaurant had changed since the last time they had come here. They used to come here very often because this was close to her house. It felt like so long ago.

Hearing the notification, he checks his mobile and sees that she had sent a message.

On my way, reaching in a bit.

Abhishek quickly messages. No worries. Just reached.

He leaves the phone on the table and thought of the time when they were together. They were together in college. After few years of friendship they had got together. Had plans of getting married too later in life. Her parents wanted her to get married and he had finally agreed to let go of how he had planned out different stages of his life and decided to settle down early. But their families didn't approve of their relation. He had cried and pleaded to his parents to let him marry her but they had refused. In the end, they had decided that they couldn't hurt their parents and decided to part. Then he had succumbed to the pressure of his parents and got married, vowing that he was never going to love her.

"Hello..." Tanu says smiling.

Abhishek looks up and smiles gently seeing her. "Hi." Abhishek says as he stood up.

Tanu hugs him and he hugs her feeling awkward and nervous.

"How are you?" Abhishek asks as they parted.

"Good... you?" Tanu asks as she sat down.

Abhishek nods as he sat down.

"Before I forget, congratulations." Tanu tells him.

"How did you..." Abhishek asks surprised.

"I heard. I do ask about you to our friends." Tanu replies smiling. "You and your big plans of starting your own three companies in three untapped countries by Mehra Group." Tanu teases him.

Abhishek chuckles. "I was supposed to get married after that only."

"But you got married." Tanu softly states.

Abhishek nods. "What we plan and what life gives you." Abhishek says with a gentle smile.

"I know. Never thought we would meet like this one day." Tanu says.

Abhishek nods. "What's happening at your side?"

Tanu sadly smiles realizing that he never asked anyone about her. Then sighing, she says, "I'm getting married."

"Only now?" Abhishek asks surprised. "It's been like..." Abhishek stops in surprise. 4 years! Has it only been that long? It feels like another era.

"Parents pressurized me but I just didn't.... Left the country. Build a career." Tanu says sadly shrugging. "Then met Arjun. He is good. We are good together."