My Husband... My Boss

Previous Story : Secret Admirer (Posted on 15-Dec-2022)

This story idea was suggested by user10031682

Haven't proofread.

It was like any other day in his life. He woke up early in the morning. Checked his official mails and replied to them. Read the news. Had breakfast in his study while he worked. Went to office. Then he got immersed in his work.

And he had no idea that by the end of the day, his life was going to change forever.

"Sir..."

"Come in." Abhishek says without looking up as he continues to read the report.

Pragya takes a deep breath and informs him nervously. "Sir, the representative from Sehgal's replied."

Abhishek frowns and looks up, hearing the hesitation in her voice. "And?" He asks in a threatening voice.

"They rejected our..." Pragya nervously starts.

"Why would they reject our proposal?" Abhishek asks angrily. "Did you send the exact proposal I had told you to?"

"Yes, sir. I did."

"Then why would they refuse?" Abhishek asks furiously. "Get him online for me."

"Sir, he said that he can't divulge much. He hinted that it is an internal thing. And they are holding on all projects for now." Pragya quickly tells him.

"I said get him online for me." Abhishek furiously repeats.

"Yes, sir." Pragya says hurriedly as she turned to leave the office.

"Pragya next time, don't make me repeat myself." Abhishek warns her.

"Sure, sir." Pragya nods worriedly. Then she stops and looks at him. "Sir?"

"What is it?" Abhishek asks her irately.

"I need to leave early today." Pragya tells him.

"Do you even want to work here?" Abhishek asks her.

Pragya bites down her fury. She worked as hard as him there. She went the extra mile because she got this job through a recommendation from his mother. Their mothers had met at a common friend's house warming party and had hit it off instantly and became good friends. So, she always did the extra bit in order to prove to him and her that she deserved this job.

Pragya takes a calming breath and informs him. "It is a family thing, sir."

"Is someone dying?" Abhishek asks her.

"No." Pragya replies shocked.

"Then after office hours." Abhishek tells her in a dismissing tone and gets back to work.

**********

Pragya keeps the receiver down hearing Abhishek speaking to the representative from Sehgal Group. She takes her mobile and dials her mother.

"Are you on your way, Pragya?" Sarala asks her.

"No, Ma. Sir said I can't leave early." Pragya informs her.

"He did?" Sarala asks shocked and confused.

"Yeah, Ma... can you reschedule the meeting to the weekend?" Pragya asks her.

"Let me see."

"You told them that I want to work after marriage, right?" Pragya asks her.

"Yes, I did."

"And you told them about my work timings too, right?" Pragya asks remembering what had happened 2 minutes ago.

"I doubt your husband will have a problem with your over demanding boss." Sarala cheekily says.