Rishta

Thank you all for reading, voting and commenting for the previous story:)

"Mom, I just don't want you to come with me!" Purab says stubbornly. "But why? Even I want to see my bahu!" his mother argues. "That is why!" Purab tells her. "You are already calling her your bahu when I haven't even met her. I don't want you coming there to complicate things." Purab tells her in finality. "You can't go alone to meet her." "Abhi is coming with me." Purab tells her. Savita turns to look at Abhi who was half lying half sitting on the couch as he flipped through a magazine. "Abhishek, will you make sure he doesn't do anything stupid there?" Savita asks him. "For the love of God, what stupidity will I do?" Purab asks exasperated. "Like say no!" Savita tells him. "Don't worry, aunty. I'll not let him do anything stupid." Abhi tells her chuckling then looking up at her he adds, "Unless of course I like the girl and decides to keep her for myself!" "CHUP! Shubh Shubh bolo." Savita scolds him. "Liking a girl and deciding to marry her is shubh shubh boling, aunty." Abhi tells cheekily making Purab chuckle behind his mother.

Raghuveer opens the door with a smile and asks, "Purab?" "That is me." Purab replies smiling. "Please come in." Raghuveer says and ushers them in. "So... who is this?" Raghuveer asks pointing at Abhi. "This is Abhishek Prem Mehra, he is my best friend." Purab tells him and Abhi smiles at Raghuveer politely. Raghuveer smiles at Abhi and then asks Purab, "Your mother didn't come?" "No... I thought it is better I meet Pragya informally before Mom meets her." "Oh okay." As Raghuveer talked to Purab and Abhi a lady walks in. "This is my wife, Sarala. And this is Purab and that is Abhishek, Purab's friend." Raghuveer introduces them. "Is Pragya ready?" Raghuveer asks Sarala. "Yes, I'll call her." Sarala says and walks back inside.

They hear a girl enter and, Abhi and Purab looks up to see Pragya walking in with a tray laden with tea and snacks. "Pragya, that is Purab and that is Abhishek, his friend. Give them the tea." Raghuveer tells her. Pragya walks towards Abhi and Purab and was about to offer the tea when she trips on her saree and the tray slides down pouring tea on Abhi. "Oh my God! I am sorry." Pragya says worried as she kept the tray on the table and grabbed the tissue box wiping his shirt. "Ouch... ouch..." Abhi gulps as the hot tea burned his skin. "I am so sorry. I am not used to walking in sarees." Pragya whispers to him. Abhi looks at her and sees her almond eyes looking at him in worry. "It's okay, it happens." Abhi tells her smiling. "You alright?" Purab asks him and Abhi nods in reply. "Pragya!" Raghuveer says in a disappointed tone while Sarala started hyperventilating. "It's fine, uncle. No problem." Abhi tells Raghuveer. "I should clean this up." Abhi tells no one in particular. "Yes sure, please come with me." Pragya says and Abhi follows her.

Abhi was washing off his shirt at the wash basin while Pragya stood behind him watching him. Abhi turns back after washing and kind of gets surprised seeing the change in her attitude. She looked evil suddenly. "Did it burn you?" Pragya asks him as she walked towards him. "It's fine." Abhi says slightly frowning. Suddenly Pragya bends down a little acting as if she was about to catch his private and he jumps back in shock slamming against the wall. Now that she had him pressed up against the wall, she quickly moves forward and keeps her hands on either side of him imprisoning him. "This is just the beginning if you don't say no to this proposal." Pragya tells him in a warning tone. Abhi frowns at her in shock; did she think he was Purab? And did she pour tea on him on purpose? "That was no accident, was it?" "No! And if you don't say no then every morning I'm going to pour hot tea on you to wake you up." Pragya says in a threatening tone. Looking at her glaring at him like an angry angel he suddenly had an image of her waking him up with a cup of tea. Oh God! "Did you get me?" Pragya asks him. "Why do you want me to say no?" Abhi asks her. "Now you want a reason? This isn't enough?" Pragya asks pointing his chest with her eyes. Abhi looks at the wash basin and turns on the hot water and then quickly holding her hand keeps it under the running water. "What are you doing?" Pragya asks as she struggles. "The water is getting hot! It is getting hot, you pig!" Pragya says frantically. Abhi leaves her hand and says, "If you hurt me, I am going to hurt you back in equal measure. So it is not reason enough." Pragya glares at him. "So?" Abhi asks her. Pragya stomps her feet and sighing says "This is not me! I didn't want to cheat you." "What is not you?" Abhi asks confused. "THIS!" Pragya says as she gestured herself top to bottom and bottom to top, twice. "I didn't get you." Abhi says confused. "God! You are an idiot. I am not this. This saree girl! But my parents want me to be like this and are emotionally blackmailing me into acting as this. This is not me. I am not this saree clad temple going girl. I am a party girl. I like to party. I like getting drunk. I like going out and meeting people. I want to have a love marriage. Not marry someone of my parents' choice but my own." Pragya tells him passionately. "But you still don't want to upset your parents." "They are my parents, you mutt!" Pragya tells him as if he had missed an important point. Abhi starts smiling, "Hmmm... what if I am a party animal? And I like getting drunk once in a while?" Pragya starts frowning at him. "Do you sleep around?" Abhi asks her. "WHAT?" Pragya asks shocked. "How dare you ask me such a thing, you pervert?" "A man's gotta ask what he's gotta ask." Abhi says shrugging. "I don't know why it is any of your business but no!" "Good!" Abhi says smiling. "So say no!" Pragya tells him. Abhi starts chuckling. "What is so funny?" Pragya asks frowning. "I cracked a joke in the morning." Abhi tells her still chuckling. "And you are laughing now? Oh God! How dumb are you?" Pragya asks frowning. "And you laugh at your own jokes?" she asks in disgust. "No, I just realized how true it has become." Abhi tells her. "Huh?" Pragya asks shocked. He suddenly holds her and turns around slamming her onto the wall, "I had joked that if I liked the girl, then I might decide to keep her for myself." Abhi tells her. "What?" Pragya asks frowning. "And guess what? I am going to keep you." Abhi tells her and slams his mouth on her kissing her passionately.