Quarter Finals || Feast for the Sick

Florence Fanta runs a chipped manicure through her orange hair. She lets out an exasperated sigh- there’s been too much to do, especially with such a quick Games. The Capitol citizens are excited though, probably more excited than they’ve ever been for a regular Game. It’s only been two full days but the Capitol has fallen in love with the quarter-finalists- which makes Fanta’s job exponentially harder.

The arena, however, is oblivious to her worries. The sun sets on the third day of the arena, with only two faces flashing through the sky: Aria Sato and Nikolaus Salinger. The eight tributes fall into a restless sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dawn breaks on the fourth day of the Games, and the tributes, almost dwindling to final numbers, begin to wake. At precisely six in the morning, Fanta’s voice clicks overtop the tributes.

“Why hello my precious tributes. As you’ve no doubt noticed, our numbers are dwindling- perhaps you’ve seen the bodies? Nevertheless, congratulations to our quarter-finalists! You have worked long and hard to make it this far, so why not celebrate your achievements by procuring a feast? Ah, silly tributes, but there is a twist! Always a twist with me,” she chuckles. “Yes, well, we have decided that because you got to choose whether or not to meet with your partners, you now must come to the feast. Come at exactly noon today to the Cornucopia. Let the feast begin! Also, choose wisely my little tributes, we wouldn’t want anything bad to happen to you, now would we?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THE TASK: Ah, the feast. Typically found with the finals approaching, no Hunger Games is complete without a feast. But Fanta doesn’t do feasts the normal way. No, if you have seen her last Games, you’d realize she likes something with spunk.

That’s right: around the Cornucopia are bags. 24 to be exact. In half the bags are bombs. We’re left with twelve bags that are safe.

However, Fanta didn’t stop there this year! Oh no, repetitiveness is boring! No, in addition to the 12 bags of bombs, there are only 6 bags that are safe. 18 bags. But that leaves us with six bags! Whatever to do?

In your entry, you must choose a bag. One bag only. The bag you choose must have a number chosen from between 1-6. To recap for you:

YOUR ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: The main point of the task is perspective. It is feast day! As your tribute goes to the feast, they must choose a bag that must be clearly stated from a number between 1 to 6. The next task, whichever bag you have chosen has a specific ailment your tribute must then have. You tribute MUST open the bag. The bag MUST contain food, and your tribute MUST eat it. Everything else is up to you.

An examples: As Cindy walked to the feast, she saw a bag lying at her feet labelled number 6, she picked it up and went back to her camp. Opening it up, she found some bread. She ate the bread. The bread did not sit well with her and she was then subjected to terrible sickness. The end.

DEATHS: Not counted for anything but excitement, I’d like there to be TWO deaths in your entry, whether it be by your own hand, by watching, by the bombs, however you like.

WORD LIMIT: None, but this is an interesting task (I hope), so I’d hope for some longer entries.

SPECIAL AWARDS: Most Realistic, Best Quote, and Best Feast Description (awarded if I see fit).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DUE DATE: SUNDAY May 11 at 8pm EDT.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Any questions? Please comment below as I know this was confusing.

SEND ENTRIES BY EMAIL.

Three will die, leaving us with 5 tributes left.