All That Glitters is Not Gold || Males

District One Male Claudius Zane

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

District Two Male Slander Calumniation

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

District Three Male Nikolaus Salinger

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

District Four Male Rush Pacifico

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

District Five Male Felix Ray

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

District Six Male Paxton Traine

My muscles ached, like they used to before I officially joined the train crew. The burn wasn't bad, it reminded me of the hard work that had brought me so far, that could help me survive. I was strong, lifting weights had only showcased it.

"Hold still Paxton, I'm almost done," Briana, my stylist complained, fixing my grey tie for the fourth time. She stepped back, then pulled my hair down again, sighing as she realized it wasn't going to remain still. "Well, I suppose that will do. Go on know, and good luck boy." She gave me a cheeky smile and turned, dismissing me.

My mentor and escort, siblings with a back story I had heard far too many times over the past two years were arguing when I walked up to them. Rena continually saying something about how I shouldn't have wore the black suit Derek- the more level-headed of the two- had insisted I did.

"Any last minute advice?" I asked, earning a glare from both of them before they shook their heads and began insulting each other again. It was always they way it was will reunited siblings, especially if one of them went through the Games. I had met a few themselves, although they always hurt me. Not many were my friend.

Turning away from the two I looked around, seeing if any of the tribute were those I might have met while on the trains. My gaze landed on a girl standing opposite me in a green dress. The two females next to her seemed to be speaking to her, although what held my attention was her curls, delicate, almost surreal. Curls I suddenly had the urge to grab as I kissed the pretty face that must go with it.

Suddenly, the girl turned, catching my eye. Without meaning to, I smiled, taking in her pale face and realizing I had seen her while in Six. She was one of the lumber workers, not one I had paid much attention to. how could I have missed her? With a face like that, and hair, and her body?

Abruptly she blushed and turned away, and I wondered how I could have invoked that reaction? It couldn't have been me, although I hoped it was, as the girl with the green dress stayed at the front of my mind all night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

District Seven Male Charlie Kirkland

"There. That's perfect! Oh, you look as scrumptious as a fruit, hun!" Barielle gushed. "Really?" Charlie said doubtfully, and frowned at his reflection. Barielle claimed he looked perfect, but the shiny green eyeliner on his eyelids said otherwise. He was dressed in a forest green tuxedo suit with a dark green dress shirt, so dark it was almost black. His tie was the most unique aspect of his simple outfit, adorned with leaves of different light greens, and all types of leafs. He had on black simple dress shoes to match the basic design. It didn't seem like a Capitol outfit, like the extravagant fuchsia dress Barielle wore. Charlie's interview costume just seemed too simple. "Oh no, dear, you look perfect, and as cute as a button! And I could just eat you up!" Barielle squealed. Charlie's eyes widened in horror at her words. "Wha - what? Please don't eat me. I don't want to be eaten by a cannibal!" He stuttered, his heart beating faster. "Don't eat me up, please!" He begged, backing away from a very confused Barielle. "No! That's not what I meant, no, no, no, not at all! It's an expression, dear!" she exclaimed. "An expression?" Charlie asked, flinching. He was now scared of his voluptuous stylist. "Yes! An expression, don't you know? A saying! To express something, in exaggeration!" Charlie didn't understand. The things Barielle said came in through one ear and flew out the other. But he pretended he was understanding this information anyway. "Oh." There was a silence that oozed tension into the air. Charlie felt as though the next thing he said would bounce off the walls of the small but organized dressing room.