Part 12

Sean walked into the large music store and his attention was immediately drawn to the TV's hanging around the walls.  It appeared to be playing a music video with Nate singing a cover to the song 'Ignorance by Paramore'.  Sean moved closer to the nearest TV to watch him for a bit, when he heard Nate call out over the volume of the TV's.  "Jimmy?! The video looks great!  All that editing paid off"!  Sean turned in the direction that he heard Nate and smirked.  Nate did appear to be in a really good mood this morning.  Nate soon went to work putting guitars up on the wall, while he sung along with the TV's.  So, Sean moved around the store to look over all the set up instruments and equipment.  Some instruments were set up in little soundproof rooms of clear glass and one managed to catch Sean's eye. 

Moving closer to the room, Sean stepped inside to sit on the stool.  He always made a huge fuss about electric drums, but something about this one drew him in.  Picking up the drum sticks, he tapped one against the ride cymbal and gawked a bit.  For an electrical drum set it sounded very close to the real thing.  Sean straightened up and closed his eyes for a second.  Just like riding a bike they say.  Opening his eyes, Sean spun the drum sticks in his fingers before starting to mess around with them.  It felt good to play again.  He still felt rusty, but it was fun to jump back in again.  The more he messed around with them, the more he felt comfortable with them.  He loved the rush of adrenaline coursing through him as he sped up the beat and let himself just go wild with it.  When he finally stopped, he heard someone clap and nearly jumped off the stool. 

Looking behind him, Sean blushed a deep red.  When had Nate entered the room?  Sean glanced out the glass window to see Mark smile at him from the other side, before wandering off to a wall.  Had Mark been watching him play too?  Nate leaned back against the closed door, telling Sean sweetly.  "You're not bad. You just need to loosen up your wrists a bit more".  Sean stared down at his hands and flexed his fingers.  He couldn't argue that.  His fingers felt stiff and his arms burned a bit.  Nate reached out for his hand, asking tenderly.  "May I"?  Sean didn't know what he wanted, but extended his hand.  Nate took it and began rub his thumb across his palm.  When Sean winced a bit, Nate stopped to tell him with a smile.  "Sore"?  Sean pulled his hand back, answering a bit embarrassed.  "Just a bit tender since I've lost all my calluses". 

A silence fell between them, before Nate asked him casually.  "Do you like it"?  Sean nodded, but something else was eating away at him.  A question that nagged at him.  Swallowing down his nerves, Sean asked him timidly.  "Nate? About last night...".  Nate backed up to lean against the door, casually answering.  "What about it"?  Sean lifted his eyes from the floor to lock with Nate's as he asked a bit anxiously.  "Did we... I mean... What happened"?  Nate crossed his arms over his chest, giving Sean a warm smile as he answered honestly.  "We made out. I gave you a handjob and offered to take you to bed. We got undressed, you crawled into my bed... and then you fell asleep".  Sean lowered his head into his hand, mumbling back.  "I'm sorry. I don't normally do anything like that. I hope I didn't ruin your night". 

Nate chuckled softly, replying lightly.  "You didn't ruin anything. I had a lot of fun. I hope you don't judge me too harshly. I think I got caught up in the moment myself. It's hard not having anyone in this small town to talk too".  Sean looked up with a weary smile, when he told Nate.  "I'm afraid the rumors running through town right now are that we...".  Sean drifted off, letting Nate add in.  "I'm sorry you got dragged into my drama. I've gotten used to them talking about me behind my back".  Sean shrugged trying to sound comforting as he told him.  "That doesn't make it right. What did you ever do to them to deserve it"?  Nate pushed off the door with a wicked smile.  Sean swallowed as Nate approached, placing his hands on Sean's thighs as he leaned in to whisper into his ear.  "I'm the rebel they wish they were. I'm not tied down by a wife or kids. I'm free and that scares them. I kinda like it".