Chapter 12

"Here's the portal," Aaron smiled.

"T-this is the portal?" I questioned as I pointed to a giant hole by an enormous oak tree.

"Yeah, well one of many," Aaron admitted.

"There are others?" I gaped.

"Yeah, each person from Wonderland has their own portal, and this is mine," Aaron beamed.

"Okay, but one question, is the rest of your family from Wonderland as well?" I pondered.

"Yes, but they fled to escape the Queen of Hearts, so I tell people they didn't make it out alive," Aaron sighed.

"Wow, that must be hard," I sighed.

"It has it's moments, but hopefully you're the Alice we've all been searching for," Aaron smiled.

"I hope so too," I smiled to him before peering down the hole.

Aaron nodded, "Are you going to go first or should I?"

"Aaron, we're in the middle of a park," I sighed.

"Well we have to hurry before Josh comes and drags you to his portal, which leads straight to the Queen," Aaron points out.

"Can we jump together?" I asked as I pushed my hair out of my face.

"Sure," Aaron beamed as he took my hand.

"On three. Ready? One, two... THREE!" I count before we take the plunge into the hole.

The feeling of falling was terrifying and thrilling in the most emotionally conflicting way I could've possibly imagined. A scream crept up my throat and threatened to release itself.

"Don't be afraid to scream, it actually adds to the thrill," Aaron hollered to me.

Laughing I let out the scream as out descent continued, it was a scream of fun. Until I realized we hadn't talked about how in the world we were going to land safely. My scream intensified then and I started flailing and squeezing Aaron's hand tighter. I glanced a few times at Aaron and he kept on smilingWE COULD BE DYING!!!!! my mind screamed at Aaron but I couldn't form the words.

Aaron  nudged me and pointed downwards, following with my eyes I saw a tiled floor. My eyes widened with fear before I shut them and gripped Aaron's hand even tighter, still screaming my head off. I felt my body lurch to a stop suddenly, stopping my screams that turned into nervous pants.

"Jeez, could you grip my hand any tighter?" Aaron lightly joked as he pulled his hand out of my grip. "You can get up now."

Slowly I opened my eyes to find myself hovering a few feet off the ground. I put my arms down and got myself up.

"That was scary," I gasp as I try to regain my composure.

"I'll bet it was, never had a girl that I brought down here scream like that or out my hand in viper grip," Aaron chuckled as he walked over to a lone wooden table with a bottle containing a clear fluid inside it.

"Oh, be quiet," I huffed, "So is this Wonderland?"

"This is only the introductory trail into Wonderland," Aaron explained as he picked up the bottle and popped off the cork.

"What are you doing?" I wondered.

"Indirectly telling you what to do and directly telling giving you advice; stay away from the Queen of Heart's castle and her knights. Hide deep in the forest and try to gather up followers willing to fight for you to take down the Queen of Hearts. If you can make it, go to the White Queen's castle," Aaron smirked.

"Who's the White Queen?" I questioned.

"She's the sister of the Queen of Hearts, she used to rule before her sister took over and destroyed Wonderland. She'll be on your side," Aaron informed me.

"Okay thanks," I smiled.

Aaron nodded before taking a sip of the fluid in the bottle and burping, then re-corking the bottle and setting it down.

"Ew Aaron, gross... Aaron? Where'd you go?" I gasped as he disappeared before my eyes.

I started to frantically search until I heard a door slam.

"What did he do to disappear like that?" I whispered to myself as I continued to search.

Then it hit me, the bottle!!!

I ran to the table and grabbed the bottle and uncorked it. Without doubts or fears I gulped some down, trying to match how much Aaron had drank. After swallowing I burped as well,corking the bottle while doing so.

"Excuse me," I said aloud before the world became enormously bigger.