Chapter 15

"Quiet!" Julian hisses at the rabbit and the man in the top hat.

They quit their screaming but continue to run around with their mouths open and eyes wide with fear.

"Hey! It's this poor girl's half-birthday, and all that's happened today for her was she discovered she's the real Alice that's going to save us all from the evil Red Queen," Julian tells them.

They stop and gasp, "It's your half-birthday?? Here sit here! Have this tea cup. No not that tea cup that's dirty, use this one."

"Um, guys, thank you for all the hard work but it's really not my half-birthday," I admit.

"Really?" the Mad Hatter asks.

"What should we do?" the Hare asks.

"Well," the Hatter sighs as he changes to a Scottish accent, "I believe we gut the lad with our swords!"

The Hatter grabs a butter knife and comes at Julian who disappears into thin air. The Hare follows the Hatter with a soup spoon while they search the area for Julian.

"Is... is this really necessary?" I ask.

"Aye, lassie," the Hatter growls, "Ye don't lie 'bout half-birthdays now."

"He was onlt trying to calm you down, and actually I have no idea what a half-birthday is," I admit.

"You don't?" the Hatter asks, his voice returning to normal. I shake my head no in response.

"No but it sounds fun," I smile genially.

"She is the real Alice," the Hare gasps, still clutching his soup spoon.

"Yes, she is, " said the Hatter with a British accent as he pick up a tea cup and blows bubbles in it.

The bushes rustled suddenly and everyone tensed. Julian appeared and an armored Josh follows after him. The Hatter and the Hare defend me but I stand and walk towards Josh.

"Alice we have problems," Julian huffs as he pulls Carrie out of the bushes.

"Carrie?" I gasp.

"Alice, were are we?" Carrie ponders.

"Josh! Why is Carrie here?" I demand.

"Because if you don't come with me," Josh says as he pulls out his sword, "I'll kill Carrie."

"Told you there was a problem," Julian sighs.

"What should we do?" the Hare freaks.

I say nothing but make direct eye contact with Julian. He understands what he wants me to do and grabs Carrie.

"Hey!" Josh shouts as they disappear.

I knock his sword out of his hand and give it to the Hatter.

"Why are you such a jerk nowadays?" I ask.

"You're making me Alice," Josh explains, "You never loved me, and I just want you to. You made me use and hurt all these people that could be at home relaxing."

"What? YOU were the one that cheated on me with Carrie and went so far as to get her pregnant," I scoff.

"Because you were ignoring me," Josh defends.

"Only because you were a total creep!" I sigh.

"Well you were cheating on me with Aaron, that cat guy, and probably these two as well," Josh huffs.  "You're the creep and jerk Alice. Just love me again."

He pulls me close and kisses me as hard as he can. I push and claw away from him, it takes a moment for him to release me, and when he does he has a scowl on his face.

"You're dead to me," Josh roars before stomping off.

"You forgot your sword you bag of rat dung," the Hatter calls in a Russian accent before throwing it blade first at Josh. A pained cry follows soon after.

"That'll teach 'em!" the Hare cheers.

"I need the strongest tea you have to get this out of my mouth," I tell the Hatter and the Hare.

"What is this?" the Hare ponders as he mimics me and points to his mouth in a circular pattern.

"The taste of scum and the feeling to barf," I answer meekly.