Chapter 7

"Wow, that's a strange turn of events," Aaron half-heartedly smiled.

"I know, I ever excepted that to happen," I shrug as I lead the way to my house.

"That's all you have to say? Shouldn't you be more upset?" Aaron questioned carefully.

"I would if it weren't for the fact Josh wanted me first, it's probably looming over Carrie's head all this time," I smile.

"Oh, wow, yeah I guess I'd be laughing but it's kinda mean to laugh at her, she's a victim of unsafe sex," Aaron explains as we enter my front yard.

"I know, poor Carrie," I sigh, "maybe when Josh ditches her, I'll help her."

"Sounds like a plan, and I could help too," Aaron smiles.

"What could do you?" I ask as I open my front door.

"My sister ended up just like Carrie and is living with me and my parents with her two year old son because the douche that knocked her up left her, I spend most of my time helping her take care of her kid. It's what siblings should do you know?" Aaron reveals as he stands on my porch.

I look aghast at Aaron as he clenches his fists in anger and looks down at the ground.

"Aaron..." I say with sympathy as I place my hand on his shoulder, "I had no idea, I'm sorry. If there's anything I could do to help, I do my best to help."

Aaron then hugs me roughly, and I gently hug back and pat his back.

"Thanks Alice," Aaron whispers before the tears start to fall from his eyes.

"Anytime," I smile as I take his hand and squeeze it, he squeezes back.

It took a few minutes for Aaron to compose himself, but when he did they paraded inside like nothing had happened. The house was empty, well at least downstairs was until we heard stomping coming from Jeffery's room.

"Um, is you brother okay?" Aaron questions as I lead him to my room.

"I have no idea hold on," I tell him as he settles in my room. I walk calmly out of my room and shut the door.

"Jeffery?" I ask as I knock on the door.

The door opens and an unfamiliar kid stands in the doorway.

"What do you want?" the kid asks.

"My little brother, where is he?" I demand.

"Alice!" I hear Jeffery cry.

"Shut it dork!" the kid snaps.

"You don't tell my little brother to shut up," I growl at him.

"Shut up whore!"  the kid snaps.

I kneel down to his height and grab his shirt collar, "Now listen here punk, I am not a whore. You have no right to say that about people you know nothing about. Now you leave my little brother alone before we call the cops and you get arrested, I think there was a pedophile that just got arrested, he might want a cell mate like you."

The kid just stares in horror at me for a few seconds before struggling free and running out of the house.

"Freaks!" I hear him yell before he slams the door shut.

I roll my eyes, "Jeffery?"

He stumbles out of the darkness, his hair is matted and his clothes are messed up. He is forming a black eye and there are signs of punches on the rest of his face. There were hand marks around his neck.

"Jeffery? What happened?" I ask gently.

"K... Kevin tried to rape me," Jeffery shakes with fright.

"Oh my God!" I cry as I rush over to him and hug him.

"What's gonna happen?" Jeffery whimpers.

"I'm calling mom, dad, and the police," I tell him, "If everything goes well Kevin will be sent away and will never hurt you again."

"Okay," Jeffery sniffs as I pick him up.

I walk to my room and open the door with my free hand, "Hey Aaron, could you keep an eye on Jeffery? I need to make a few calls."

"Sure," Aaron smiles as I set Jeffery down on my bed next to Aaron.

"Jeffery, this is my friend Aaron, don't worry, we won't hurt you," I smile as I fix his hair.

Jeffery only nods and looks up at Aaron who smiles kindly.

I sigh as I shut my door before walking down to the kitchen phone. I dial 911 first and listen to three rings before I get a voice on the other end of the line.

"911 Emergency how may I help you?" a chirper girl says.

"Um, yes hi, I need the police here, my little brother was almost raped," I tell her as calmly as I can.

"Okay, we will send out officers as soon as we can," she smiles, "do you need me to stay on the phone with you miss?"

"No thank you," I reply.

"Okay, bye bye," she says.

"Bye," I sigh before hanging up.

 That call was the calmest one of them all. Both of my parents freaked out and were on their way home. I checked the clock, it was only five and yet so much as happened today. I take a deep breath and run my fingers through my hair before a well timed knock on the door. I open the door to the police.

"Good evening miss, you called about an attempted rape?" a pudgy cop with a bushy mustache asks.

"Yes, my little brother's bully tried to," I explain.

"Where is your little brother?" he asks as other cops spill into the place.

"Upstairs with my friend," I tell him, "I'll go get him."

The cop nods with a smile before I trek upstairs and enter my room. I see Jeffery clinging to Aaron as he cried his eyes out.

"Jeffery, there are some nice people that would like to talk to you," I coo as I hold out my hand.

 Jeffery slowly climbs off of my bed and grabs my hand, but the way he looks at me I know he wants to be carried, so I carry him down the stairs. When we arrive downstairs are parents are home and having major panic attacks.

"Oh my goodness Jeffery!" my mom cries as she runs to us and hugs us both.

"Ma'am, we need to speak with your children," the cop informs her.

She says nothing but tears stream down her face as she strokes Jeffery's hair. My dad pulls her away though, and then I walk up to the cop.

 "Hey dad, could you handle Jeffery, I have a friend upstairs," I ask as I look over at my dad comforting my mom.

"Sure, hun," my dad replies before taking Jeffery out of my arms. I wave Jeffery goodbye before heading back up to my room.

"Well, today's been a very interesting day," Aaron sighed as I sit down on my bed.

"You're telling me," I giggle before we delve into our homework.