Chapter 6

"Okay, what the heck is your problem?" Carrie snaps at me as she approaches me in art as I was painting on my easel.

"What do you mean?" I calmly ask as I apply paint to my picture, avoiding eye contact with her.

"You're ignoring me and Josh, and you're hanging with nerds," Carrie replies angrily.

"Well, you guys gave me a good reason, and Aaron's not a nerd, he's a nice guy who's not as socially outward as we are," I explain.

"You're ruining your popularity reputation Alice," Carrie growls.

"Oh well, better to have friends that care than snotty back-stabbers like you and Josh," I smirk as I finish painting my picture's sky.

"What's wrong with you? I thought we had plans to be by each other in art and french, but know you're parked on your perky little ass half-way across the room," Carrie snapped again.

"You want to know what's wrong? You, my "so-called' best friend makes out with my "so-called" boyfriend while he was dating me. You didn't have the dignity to tell me. You betrayed me, I'm never going to forgive you for it," I glare at her at I put my brush and paint tray.

"It's not my fault you weren't giving him any," Carrie lashes out.

"Whatever," I shrug off.

"You do not whatever me, slut!" Carrie roars before throwing paint on me.

"Wow, really? I hope he gets you pregnant," I snort as the teacher separates us.

As Carrie is excused to the princepal's office with the teacher escorting her, the rest of the class stares at me and murmurs. Then Laura comes up to me, "Um, Alice, about Carrie..."

"What is it?" I ask her calmly, because she can get overemotional fast.

"Carrie's already expecting, and Josh is the father," Laura explains before retreating to her friends.

"Oh my god," I gasp under my breath, "Does anyone know how far along she is?"

"A couple weeks," Laura whimpers.

This took me by surprise, but I'm glad at least it wasn't me.

***

"Josh!" I yell at him as I chase him down the hall.

"What?" Josh snaps as he turns around angrily.

"You got Carrie pregnant? Please explain to me why you two did this to yourselves," I demand.

"Well... To be honest, I wanted to have sex with you, but you showed no interest. So I talked to Carrie about it and she was interested, so we did. Then she started feeling bad so I stayed with her to comfort her until the baby arrives. I still love you Alice," Josh explains.

"Well, I don't love you, I"m sorry but what you did was unforgivable, I hope you're happy with Carrie. Besides, if I did go back to you, who's not to say you'd get me pregnant?" I tell him before walking away.