Chapter 3

I woke up and put myself in my best possible mood I could, also wearing my favorite clothes that didn't remind me of them. Going downstairs humming my new favorite song, Call Me When You're Sober by Evanscence, until I reach the bottom of the stairs.

"Good morning," I smile to my family as I approach the breakfast table.

"Hey there you are, feel like going to school?" my dad smiles at me from over the paper.

"Yeah, for the most part," I sigh as I sit down, "I think as long as I avoid them and keep a positive mood, I can make it."

Soon my brother, Jeffery, comes bounding down the stairs. He slumps into the chair next to me and manages to mumble, "good morning."

"Morning Jeffery," my dad smiles.

"Morning lil' bro," I beam.

He looks at me weirdly for a moment before looking down at the table.

"Dad, do I have to ride the bus?" he asks.

"Yes you do," my dad replies, "is there something wrong?"

"There's a bully on the bus, and he's picking on me," Jeffery mumbles.

"Well, I could give you a ride to school," I offer, "since I no longer have a point to get to school early anymore."

"Really?" Jeffery beams.

"Yeah," I smile.

"Thank you!" he cheers happily as we hug.

"Ha! No problem," I tell him.

"Breakfast is ready!" my mom calls, "who wants eggs?"

We make eye contact with her singaling we all wanted some, she dished them out evenly, three eggs for all of us, including her. We then dig into our eggs with hunger. My dad was the first one done, then my mom then me, Jeffery still had one egg when I finished. He looked up at me and I smiled, "don't worry I'll wait for you."

He beamed and went back to his remaining egg while I put my plate into the kitchen sink. Before heading back into the dining room I glance out at our driveway to see my car, but there was something odd about my car. There was a note under the wiper, huh wonder who put that there I thought as I heading into the dining room just as Jeffery was entering, we move aside for each other as we pass through the doorway. Seconds later he comes bounding into the dining room as I was putting on my satchel, he grabs his backpack and we walk out of the house.

We approach my car and Jeffery jumps into the passagers seat and I walk over to my side, with picking up the note on the way. Enter the car and slam the door shut, "what's that?" Jeffery asks, pointing at the note.

"It's a note," I say as I unfold it, "and it's from..... ugh, Josh."

"What does he want?" Jeffery asks as I toss the note out the window and start up my car.

"Me to forgive him and Carrie," I sigh as I back up and out of the driveway.

"Ohh... I wouldn't," Jeffery admits as we drive.

"Good, believe me I won't," I smile.

"Promise?" Jeffery asks holding out his pinkie.

"Promise," I smile, linking my finger with his while kepping my eyes on the road.

We drive in silence until we reach Jeffery's school.

"See you later," I smile at him.

"Bye... are you gonna keep your promise?" Jeffery asks.

"...Yeah, I will," I smile, "now have a good day at school."

He beams before closing the door and running off to the playground. I then continue my drive to my school, and dreading every minute of it.