Chapter 8

"Alice," my mom calls after twenty minutes of homework and laughter with Aaron.

"What?" I ask politely as to not upset her further.

"The police would like to ask you a few questions. Could you and your new friend please come down here?" she asked with a shaky voice.

"Sure thing, be down in a sec," I call with compassion.

"I sure hope your parents won't mind me," Aaron says as I open my door.

"Don't be silly," I smile at him, "They liked scummy Josh, they'll adore you."

"Okay, I hope so," Aaron says meekly as we head down the stairs into the living room.

My mom was slumped in the armchair by the staircase, she watched us with one eye while everyone else in the room watched us with both. 

"There you are," my dad smiles. "Why don't you two take a seat by Jeffery."

Aaron sits on Jeffery's right while I sit on his left.

"So what happened exactly?" the cop asked.

"Well, Aaron and I entered my house and we heard a racket going on in Jeffery's room. When I opened the door his kid stepped out and tried to scare me off. Instead, I scared him off and asked Jeffery what happened and who he was. Then I took Jeffery into my room where Aaron was and had Aaron watch him so I could go down and contact you without having to code it in front of Jeffery," I explain.

"Alright," the cop nods. "Now your side."

"I heard someone stomping down the stairs, shout something then slam the door shut. So when Alice came in with her brother I knew something was wrong, and that Jeffery didn't want to talk about it. So I just tried to make him feel comfortable. I made him comfortable until Alice rentered and took him down here," Aaron told the cop.

"I see, okay, I think we're done here," the cop says with a smile. "You folks have a nice night."

"We'll try," my dad smiles as he escorts the cops out of our house.

After all the cops leave this beautiful woman with the same features as Aaron appears in the doorway.

"I'm sorry to bother you, but I'm Elise, Aaron's sister, I"m here to pick him up," Elise smiled radiantly.

"Ah, please come in, he'll be ready in a few minutes," my dad smiles as she steps in.

"Sorry El, is Trixie in the car?" Aaron asks as he goes over to the stair well.

"Yeah, but she's sound asleep," Elise laughs, "She was so exicted to see you and she wanted to come in and greet you, but as soom as I put her in her car seat she was out."

"Aw!" Aaron, my mom, and I coo before Aaron heads up the stairs.

"So Elise, how old are you?" my dad asks.

"21," Elise smiles. "Trixie's 4."

"Is Trixie your biological daughter?" my dad pondered.

"Yes," Elise smile faded a bit as she responded.

"I'm ready!" Aaron called as he reached the bottom of the stairs.

"And I thought Trixie acted young for her age," Elise smiled.

"I feel the love," Aaron smirked. "Bye Alice, Mr. and Mrs. Conerth, and see you later Jeffery."

"Bye," my family waves.

"So much for getting our homework done," Aaron shrugs as he and Elise go out the front door.

"Yeah, if only we didn't have school tomorrow," I smile as I grip the front door.

"Miracles," Aaron laughs before climbing into his sister's car.

I smile and wave them goodbye again as they pull out of the driveway and drive away. I shut the door and turn around to my mess of a family.

"So what are we going to do about all of this?" I ask.

"I have no idea," my dad sighs. "I think we should all go to bed early and sleep in. Tomorrow's Saturday after all."

"That sounds good," I smile. "Jeffery, will you be okay in your room?"

He doesn't respond, I give a look to dad and head up the stairs.

This has been one interesting hellish day.