Chapter 1

"See you later Alice," Josh smiled at me before he closed in for a kiss.

"Bye sweetie," I coo before we kiss gently.

We look into each other's eyes one last time before we head to our seperate classes for the morning.

I enter French class with joy and sit down by my best friend Carrie.

"Hey, have some lip-lock time with Josh?" Carrie smiles.

"Shhh, people don't need to know that," I whisper in response.

Carrie and I brust out laughing until the Madam comes in and slams the door.

"Bonjour," we drone out.

They way she looked at as in response told me she wants to make out lives a living hell for the next period, ugh....

***

"I can't believe she gave us five pages of homework!" Carrie moans at lunch.

"At least it's decent homework, noting to complex," I sigh as I flip the page.

"Cuz you get French," Carrie moans.

"Hey," Josh smiles as we sits down next to me and wraps an arm around me.

"Hey," I smile back, "how was your morning?"

"Good, benched 150 in P.E. today," Josh smiled before he took a bite of his food.

"Cool, are we still on for tonight?" I smile as I rest my head on his shoulder.

"Oh babe, about that, I have a family thing at my grandma's tonight," Josh sighs.

"Oh... well, that stinks," I sigh as I put my pencil down and look at him, "have fun."

"I'll text you whenever I can," he smiles as we Eskimo kiss.

"K," I coo.

***

"He might," Carrie states as we walk home.

"He's not, he's canceled before for the same reason," I proclaim, "besides, he's going to text me."

"So he says," Carrie smirks.

"Carrie! I don't need this right now! Remember last time he canceled and I freaked?" I snap. "I stalked him and creeped out his family."

Carrie only shakes her head as we approach my house.

"See you tomorrow, and he's not cheating on me!" I holler.

"Haha! We'll see," Carrie laughs as she waves me goodbye.

***

"Mom, I'm going to the library to get the book I asked for," I shout before shutting the door.

On the way there I couldn't keep my mind off of what Carrie said, because though he has canceled before and used the same excuse before.... something felt off because he would've told me this morning. But no, this time he waited until lunch to drop it on me.

I walk into the library and up to the counter, the librarian's not there, then I checked the books on hold for people and it's not there. I lean over the counter and see it on the counter with my name on a sticky note.

Well, I'll have to wait, I guess, I think aloud to myself, maybe she's upstairs.

I start to climb the stairs when I hear a familar giggle, it's Carrie's. What is she doing here? She hates the library.

I reach the top of the stairs and spot her in the corner with someone. Who is that? I ponder as I slink closer. I sneak near the corner and gaze over the ledge. ITS JOSH!!! SHE'S WITH JOSH!!!!! MY BOYFRIEND!!!!

Tears well up in my eyes as I continue to watch them coo to each other and exchange kisses.

This has to end, I'm not going to be deseved! I think proudly as I fight back my tears. I slip back, hidden from them both to take a few breaths to compose myself. I close my eyes and gather my strength, then I walk around the ledge.