Chapter 11: Shielding Him From Pain

Start from the beginning

Liam swung his door open and saw a purplish, bluish bruise on the back of Niall when Harry lift Niall's sweatshirt. "Ouch! Don't touch it, Harry!" Niall's watery blue eyes made it even worse for Liam. Another huge wave of rage filled up his ripped body, punching the door with full force that the hinges loosen up. Harry and Louis back up a bit, quite terrified on furious Liam standing in front of them. Niall was trembling from fear, he shut his eyes, anticipating for a full-blown punch coming to his face but instead he felt a hug.

"What happened?" Liam ran his hand slowly on the bruise. Niall let out another yelp but weakly when he touched the bruise.

"Sorry."

"We were just playing Twis-" Niall was cutoff when Liam suddenly grabbed his bleeding hand. He then realized it was when he was banging the door endlessly. He felt so horrible, it was his fault for not letting Niall enter his room. Niall's hurt because of his stupidity and his damn pride.

Niall just let out a warm, genuine smile. "Don't worry. At least we could talk now."

"No." Liam said in a flat tone. He ripped his own shirt in front of Niall, making Niall really uncomfortable. He slowly put the ripped shirt around on Niall's bleeding knuckle. Niall cringed. Liam started to sob, feeling so awful for what happened. If he didn't storm out earlier none of this will happen.

Niall tried cupping his hand to Liam's sweet and innocent face. "It's not your fault, Li." He can't take his eyes away from rich brown eyes of Liam. All the physical pain was so worth it now that he was able to talk to him again. He would do the same thing all over again if something similar happen again.

Unknowingly to them, Zayn watched and heard the whole thing. He felt so devastated for what he caused to Niall. Seeing him going through banging the door and having bruise because of his recklessness was too much for him to see. He decided to disappear for a while and think things through before he could do more damage to Niall.

"Let's take you to the hospital." Liam said worriedly, looking at Niall's knuckles.

"Oh, I'm fine. This is nothing," Niall smiled but when Liam pressed his knuckles, Niall let out another yelp. "See, I told you. Besides, we need to make sure that your bruise is not life threatening."

Niall protested but Liam's arguments appealed more than him. He had no choice but to agree with him. Although, Niall was still worried about Zayn; he's worried because he disappeared all of a sudden. He hoped that he won't do anything something he wouldn't do. Zayn was also important to Niall as well and everybody else. Its just Liam has a special place in his heart. There were no words to explain their weird and special relationship only the two of them can understand one another.

Niall almost screamed when Liam lifted him up bridal style. "What are you doing?" He felt his cheeks reddening and his heart was beating as if his heart has its life of its own, ready to ripped his chest wide open.

"What do you think?"

Niall smell the natural scent of Liam. The sweet scent of Liam's perspiration smells like angel's breath with additional scent of blooming flowers during spring. He wrapped his arms around Liam's neck. As usual, he always felt he was safe with Liam. He shut his eye and imagined a sweet memory at the back of his mind, that they were together and happy and contented with their life choices. It was interrupted when Harry suddenly spoke.

"Niall, you're drooling."

At that moment, Niall wanted to disintegrate into the wind. He can't believe that his daydreaming ended up drooling on Liam. It was extremely embarrassing on Niall. Liam let out a weak chuckle.

"Are you guys coming?" Liam asked, looking at not-so-terrified-anymore Harry and Louis.

"I'm coming." Louis answered quickly. He felt so guilty about what happened to Niall. It's basically his fault. If he didn't insist on playing Twister, Niall would be safe and sound. Knowing Niall, he won't get mad. Niall was known for his sweet personality.