"Umm.. I was chosen to participate in the games and make you fall in love..." I drifted off as I saw his face. His eyes were narrowed in slits that it was impossible to see his blue orbs, and his arms were stiffly akimbo. "

You never liked me at all" He stated, his voice cracking slightly and he walked stiffly towards the tent. I faced Mikaela, who had obviously been enjoying the show too much.

She placed her hands on her mouth and said "Oops!" Then, she strutted towards the camping area in her heels at a record speed, leaving me behind.

***

We were ordered to gather at the bonfire at night, and by eight, we were all there standing around and making small talk. The last couple to arrive- Massie and Darren were also there, and Darren had pretended to be furious with Massie's lying about the games, probably so I could win.

"Couples! Gather around with your partner and sit down!" Mikaela commanded us, and I stood there feeling left out while everyone except Massie, Darren, Blake and me sat down with our partners. "I said, sit down with your partners." Mikaela repeated, this time ruder and with her teeth gritted.

I slowly edged towards Blake and sat down, him following me. Darren and Massie did the same. The difference between us two and the three other couples were that they actually loved each other, and we didn't. They were all hugging, some even kissing, but Blake and I were sitting there, a few inches away. Blake was leaning away from me like I stank or something. I was sure I didn't have B.O, but I took a quick whiff of my pits to make sure.

"Okay, uglies. Here's what we're doing for the next four days. Tomorrow is bonding day which means you can run around and get lost in the forest. The next day is a competition, and one couple will be dropped from it. The third day is another competition, and the fourth is when we bring you back to school." Mikaela told us with a ring of authority in her tone. Everyone nodded and smiled at their loved ones, while I felt my arm hair rise. Would Blake want to bond with me? Would he leave me to 'die'? I sneaked a glance at him- He was stoning away, staring into nothing.

"And now, let the camp food be served!" Mikaela raised both her hands up, and men walked in from who-knows-where with assorted dishes. Where did they even come from? Nevermind, it smelled good. As one of the men passed me with a corn cob, I quickly snatched it, earning a glare from him.

"Hey Blake! You want a bite?" I offered him my cob playfully, momentarily forgetting that he was angry at me. He didn't reply, which crushed me badly, but I didn't show it. "Fine, your choice," I rolled my eyes at him.

I looked around and saw other couples feeding each other, even Darren and Massie. How he forgave her, I didn't know. Why couldn't Blake be like that?

*

After dinner, bad news hit us. We had to share tents with our boyfriend or girlfriend. Shit, Blake most probably didn't want to sleep next to me. Hell! He didn't even want to talk to me! I sighed deeply as I thought of ideas. "Hey Blake, so.." I stopped talking as soon as I realised he had gone into his tent. Without me. And, he zipped it up to the top which I was sure meant 'don't bother trying to come in'.